Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Yes, ordered them on Friday. I have one (matte of course) für the 6s+ and they are great!!
How do you get them on and have them look good. I am very good at screen protectors and gVe no issues. However, no matter what I do with the back protectors, they don't look as good as others. Mine tend to have a cloudy look underneath and I pull them off. Maybe I don't wait long enough. What's been your experience?

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I had one extra Best Skins Ever matte skin for the back and installed that yesterday, midday. Patient is key with these. You must be prepared to take 30-40 minutes to mess and mess with it to get a good fit. Then the directions say to not turn the iPad on for 24 hours. Not sure why. Maybe the heat from the iPad changes the curing process.

So I got a decent alignment and squeegeed out the water and bubbles from underneath. Then I waited for the sides to evaporate a bit and kept pressing them down. Everything was aligned nicely and down good. But then I could see major cloudiness and discoloration underneath the skin. And a couple of noticeable spots right on the Apple logo. So I was pretty bummed and tempted to remove it. I set it aside and went to do some other work. In a couple of hours, the spots on the logo were gone so I left the Ipad turned off for overnight. This morning I am so excited to see that the cloudiness is pretty much all gone. There is one small area that had cleared up mostly and I'm confident will be totally gone by the 24 hour mark.

I've tried these a couple of times before with the cloudiness underneath which actually never went away. What I did different this time was to keep the iPad off as directed. I'm so glad I did.

I'm all set and won't be looking any further for a case now.

I really love the the matte look of nothing on the back. It you didn't pick it up and inspect it, you'd never know it has a skin on it.

Reactions: sracer

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I've tried these a couple of times before with the cloudiness underneath which actually never went away. What I did different this time was to keep the iPad off as directed. I'm so glad I did.

I'm all set and won't be looking any further for a case now.

I really love the the matte look of nothing on the back. It you didn't pick it up and inspect it, you'd never know it has a skin on it.
Glad to hear that it finally worked out for you.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Glad to hear that it finally worked out for you.
It looks great. I'm so happy as well. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting the great finish that others have shown. The only difference this time was waiting overnight before using and turning on the iPad.

LouE37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
I got my best skins ever and attempted an installation. I tried 2 skins but couldn't get either to look decent. I'm still looking for a super slim clear back case. I ordered and got the Luvvitt that is on Amazon. It fits nicely but is too heavy and bulky for my liking. And it also lifts my screen saver. I wish Luvvitt would come up with a super slim one like the one I have on my phone.

I ordered one as well and it installed fine. I followed the directions to a T. The hardest part was working around those corners until they became dry enough to stick again. I just kept at it and then after about 10 minutes the corners finally stuck down and in the morning all was good, not one bubble (matte). I'll try to post some pics. The cutouts were perfect, probably the only good thing about the raised lens in back is that it held the skin in place for me.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I ordered one as well and it installed fine. I followed the directions to a T. The hardest part was working around those corners until they became dry enough to stick again. I just kept at it and then after about 10 minutes the corners finally stuck down and in the morning all was good, not one bubble (matte). I'll try to post some pics. The cutouts were perfect, probably the only good thing about the raised lens in back is that it held the skin in place for me.

I ended up installing my 2nd BestSkinsEver matte back skin on Saturday when I had some time to spare and this time got a really good installation. It initially had some discoloration/clouding. But I followed the directions exactly and waited like 20 hours to turn my iPad back on. I think that was the key, as it looks beautiful!!!! No discoloration - just perfect. I was super thrilled to see how great it looked on Sunday.

Last edited:

macbook123

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2006
I have the best super thin clear case from Luvvitt for my iPhone. It is very lightweight and looks barely there. That's exactly what I want in a back cover. Not sure why any of the companies out there don't have anything coming yet.

I have exactly the same confusion. That case is perfect, but they don't make it for any other device. All I need is 0.3mm in the back and a small lip in the front.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
View attachment 626311 View attachment 626312 View attachment 626313

I ended up installing my 2nd BestSkinsEver matte back skin on Saturday when I had some time to spare and this time got a really good installation. It initially had some discoloration/clouding. But I followed the directions exactly and waited like 20 hours to turn my iPad back on. I think that was the key, as it looks beautiful!!!! No discoloration - just perfect. I was super thrilled to see how great it looked on Sunday.

Those are some great cuts! Not like that BS that Skinomi did... again.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I have exactly the same confusion. That case is perfect, but they don't make it for any other device. All I need is 0.3mm in the back and a small lip in the front.
I contacted Luvvitt and asked them if they were going to be making a thinner back cover. They said no. I had originally ordered the Luvvitt clear case on Amazon but it was too bulky and pulled up my screen protector. I ended up giving it away to another member on the forum.

Not sure why there's still no one coming through with one of these super thin minimal TPU covers. Maybe it's quite the engineering feat to mold it larger and still keep it thin. I guess time will tell.
[doublepost=1460538191][/doublepost]I am now seeing some of these thin cases showing up in Amazon. However, I don't see any gel clear backs that work with the keyboard cover. The ones I see have 360 coverage except for the bulky Luvvitt.
[doublepost=1460538286][/doublepost]
Yeah, I initially ordered the Skinomi as it was out first. But ended up sending it back. All the separate pieces were a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrXiro

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
The other thing I like about BSE is that although the skin is matte, it has a barely noticeable bit of a sparkle to it. I think it's even a better look than the naked finish. Just my opinion of course.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.