Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarrenUK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Southampton, UK
Since I have had my iPad Pro (had it delivered on launch day) it has randomly rebooted half a dozen times, my wife has had the same happen three or four times also on her iPad pro.

Is this a known issue? Anyone else had this happen with the iPad Pro?

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Reboot.

Restore.

Return.

Those are your steps. There must be some misbehaving app. Use it after doing a restore to original factory settings (full erase). If it does it, return it. Its defective.

jcborden

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
Since I have had my iPad Pro (had it delivered on launch day) it has randomly rebooted half a dozen times, my wife has had the same happen three or four times also on her iPad pro.

I've had this happen once so far, assume it's just a software issue that will be fixed in a future relaese.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015

What Color and Model is it 32 GB 128GB or what ? and is it a Cellular Model ? at&t Verizon what ?

I find that Cellular carrier models in my case Sprint are made just a little bit better and scrutinized or tested to a higher quality control standard. Since they go to Cell Carriers where doing returns or exchanges gets a bit complex.

Unlike models sold at Apple stores where its just more flexible and all sales stay within Apples books.

DarrenUK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Southampton, UK
What Color and Model is it 32 GB 128GB or what ? and is it a Cellular Model ? at&t Verizon what ?

I find that Cellular carrier models in my case Sprint are made just a little bit better and scrutinized or tested to a higher quality control standard. Since they go to Cell Carriers where doing returns or exchanges gets a bit complex.

Unlike models sold at Apple stores where its just more flexible and all sales stay within Apples books.
They are both 128 GB space grey wifi.

Just seems odd that it is both of them, both were set up as new iPads.

burts

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2015
Ditto mines rebooted twice after pressing the home button and once locked up with the apple logo after pressing the home button

burts

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2015
I just pressed my mail icon and got a apple logo then enter passcode, couldnt use my thumb print had to manually enter numbers

tsunami78

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2008

I have had mine since launch day, and just had my third spontaneous reboot. This happened with 9.3 and 9.3.1.

I did restore from an iPad backup, and have reset/restored once already.

9.7" iPad Pro
Space Gray
128 GB LTE
IOS 9.3.1

It seems to occur when switching from mail to other apps. Pretty annoying.

rdavis41

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2009
So I don't think the iPads are defective, it must be an issue with iOS.

Try a reset of your settings. I called Apple Support for the same issue yesterday and they suggested that. I haven't had it crash yet. And I've been testing it hard to see if I could replicate it. And it hasn't happened.

DarrenUK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Southampton, UK
Try a reset of your settings. I called Apple Support for the same issue yesterday and they suggested that. I haven't had it crash yet. And I've been testing it hard to see if I could replicate it. And it hasn't happened.
That's good news, I will give it a go.

andreiru

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2008
Kurgan, RF
I've had this. Went to the shop with my iPad Air. Did everything I could find on the forums. The shop's diplay iPads do this, too. My iPad Pro 9.7 does this. There is no solution unfortunately, it could be to do with the amount of ram? They went from 1gb to 2gb in air 2 and that fixed the resprings completely (only one in a year in a half instead of up to 7 daily with the air).

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
We have 6 iPad Pro 9.7 in our shop since launch day with zero unknown reboots. We use them for software testing and put them through a lot more than most users, I basically try to crash mine while watching its responses through the console. I'll let you know if any reboot. That is weird.

Last edited:

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
We have 6 iPad Pro 9.7 in our shop since launch day with zero unknown reboots. We use them for software testing and put them through a lot more than most users, I basically try to crash mine while watching it's responses through the console. I'll let you know if any reboot. That is weird.

Thanks.
[doublepost=1463321184][/doublepost]I am talking to apple support right now about the issue hopefully they can help me!

curtmyers

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2015
Thanks.
[doublepost=1463321184][/doublepost]I am talking to apple support right now about the issue hopefully they can help me!

I've got a bunch of these. A couple reboots a day. I haven't tried to troubleshoot yet. Mine is a 9.7 256 cell version

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
Also have this issue, took to the Apple Store (London), typical useless Geniuses, claim its software , that my iOS is corrupt and I need to restore as new and NOT use my iCloud backup. Refuse to exchange the £600+ tablet.
Customer service is worse than terrible

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
Is anyone still having problems with this issue. It's driving me nuts and Apple won't admit it or (as it seems) attempt to fix it with a software update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.