iPad Pro iPad pro cases

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Joell27, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Joell27 macrumors member

looking for a great case.
    Has anyone found a case that they like? Has anyone tried the new Smart Cover and silicone case?

2. ApplePhy macrumors 6502

Try looking on Amazon. They have a lot of Pro cases there.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a single cover. Only cases.

3. hamiltonrwatch macrumors regular

hamiltonrwatch

I ordered a white silicone case that should be arriving with my Pro on Monday. I wasn't happy about spending $79.00 for a chunk of plastic, but after some CC points converted to a statement credit, I ended up paying about $11.00 :D

Whenever Apple debuts a new product, it generally takes several weeks/months for higher-end cases to become available. I couldn't find anything that didn't look like crap and wanted at least some protection in the interum.

4. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

5. smr macrumors 6502a

I bought the Apple Silicone Case and Smart Cover in black earlier today. Very expensive but very high quality. The case makes the iPad Pro easier to handle (grippy) and looks to give good protection. The Smart Cover makes a great stand and protects the screen when it is being carried.

6. davideotape macrumors 6502

Im looking for:
    - rubber/plastic back that can hold velcro for mounting
    - a keyboard that can be easily detached
    - a place to hold the pencil

The switcheasy coverbuddy looks the best so far, but i wish there was a more elegant way to hold the pencil and then remove it for mounting.

7. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I bought the white Apple Smart Cover and a 13" Amazon Basics sleeve to put it all in. That way I can transfer it from bag to backpack etc but it's still got some neoprene protection.

8. lsutiger macrumors member

I bought the Apple cover and case. Absolutely insane what they charge for it but I guess they will keep charging that if people like me keep buying it.

I looked at 3rd party cases but couldn't find anything as nice as the Apple combo. Perfect fit and doesn't add too much weight/thickness. Didn't want the case/keyboad combo becaues I prefer to just use an external bluetooth keyboard on the occasions that I do need a keyboard.

9. arftech99 macrumors regular

arftech99

10. WilliamG macrumors 604

There's no question that is the best quality combo. Yeah it's expensive, but so is the Pro. And for when I pick up the Smart Keyboard this is the best combo since you can pull off the Smart Cover in less than a second, and attach the keyboard in another second. Win!

11. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

There are not many options right now. I opted for the new DODOcase multi-angle which I ordered today, but it won't ship for two weeks.

http://www.dodocase.com/products/dodocase-multi-angle-ipad-pro

Tip for anyone ordering: When I added this to my cart, I went to check out and then opened a new tab in my browser. This gave me a pop-up window with 15% off.

12. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

There are not many options right now. I opted for the new DODOcase multi-angle which I ordered today, but it won't ship for two weeks.

http://www.dodocase.com/products/dodocase-multi-angle-ipad-pro

Tip for anyone ordering: When I added this to my cart, I went to check out and then opened a new tab in my browser. This gave me a pop-up window with 15% off.

13. ke-iron macrumors 6502a

I have purchased cases form them in the past but I don't really like these so I'll wait for more options from them.

14. CE3 macrumors 6502a

15. gidoin macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm looking for a silicon or leather bumper which will work with the smart keyboard,

Don't wanna pay apples ridicules price.

Thank you

16. ke-iron macrumors 6502a

Yea the price Apple is asking for is crazy, it's not even leather.

17. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

I'm a bit confused why Apple didn't release a leather full case like they did for the Air2.. I loved that case on my previous Air2.. but no Pro version? They want the same price for a rear-only portion in rubber? Wtf..

18. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

I caved and went ahead and got the Apple cover and rear case. Certainly Apple charges too much money for them but they do fit very nicely and feel very secure on the pro. if a nice thin leather case comes out I will replace it with the leather. But until then, for me, the Apple selection was the most protective combined with being the best fitting choice.

19. macfoxpro macrumors 6502

I went with one of those. But, It was .99 + 4.99 shipping. The same exact one, but at a cheaper price.
    I know it is a cheapie, but I have ordered a few "like this one", and they fit the bill nicely.
    Definitely not of any notable quality, but works in a pinch.
    I can't see spending another 150.00 for a case/cover from Apple.
    3rd party quality is on its way.

20. Macalway macrumors 68000

Yes, so did I. I do know the Khomo cases are very nice, but they don't have one for the Pro yet. There's a zillion of these types now, but without a specific brand your used to, it's probably a bit of hit or miss.

I did buy a Khomo case recently off Amazon (8k reviews), for the Air 2, and was very surprised how good it was...really.
    So waiting for this brand makes sense, but is no guarantee it's going to be the same quality (again, hit or miss)

21. No-Me macrumors 6502a

My wife ordered a teal/orange sleeve from joli http://jolioriginals.com, but I think she has to wait a little longer to use it as I used her iPad more than she did the last week and I'm not going for a teal sleeve. She can use it once she bought her own iPad Pro ;)

22. ke-iron macrumors 6502a

The leather quality looks really nice but there may be one flaw in its design.
    If the devices fit so flush in the case, how is one supposed to get it out easily?

23. No-Me macrumors 6502a

You can just pull it out on the open side, works fine for my iPad mini sleeve too. :)

24. ke-iron macrumors 6502a

That's my point. On the open side it fits flush and doesn't look like there's a cut out for your finger to grab.

25. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

Have you had this case before? I wanted something that could hold the iPad plus pencil and adjust to multiple angles. This was the best I found, but I am not sold on it.