Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alecgold

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2007
NLD
Yeah, I know, the smart keyboard is expensive, but I'm glad I bought it. At the time the only alternative was the logitech, but it was much too bulky for my taste.
Good to know some BT keyboards do better!

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I've used many Bluetooth keyboards, but they where finicky and gave me to much pain with dis/re-connecting.

I use an Apple Bluetooth keyboard (older model with AA batteries) with my iPad, and I've never had problems with it disconnecting while in use. Reconnecting, I sometimes have to go into the Bluetooth section in Settings and tap on the keyboard, but it's no biggie.

alecgold

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2007
NLD
I use an Apple Bluetooth keyboard (older model with AA batteries) with my iPad, and I've never had problems with it disconnecting while in use. Reconnecting, I sometimes have to go into the Bluetooth section in Settings and tap on the keyboard, but it's no biggie.
Absolutely true! I have the old and the new versions and they are really good.
But I tried several with a Toughpad from Panasonic and with a iPad Air 1 that I had and that wasn't pretty.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
... so decided to treat myself to a 128GB cellular IPP complete with pencil and smart keyboard.

I, too, absolutely love my iPad Pro for many of the same reasons you do.

I just wish the smart keyboard had an Esc key on it. :( I use 'Prompt' regularly to ssh into different servers around the world and am often editing source code files, config files, etc, in vim and the absence of an Esc key means I'm constantly having to hit ^[ to emulate the key. Doable, but a pain in the arse. I'm likely going to start carrying a magic keyboard with my iPad Pro for those times that I need to do a lot of editing in vim...

But, yes, webpages, email, text conversations, slack, youtube, etc are all fantastic on the Pro. Now, if only Facebook would get off their rears and update their app to support the Pro natively...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.