Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
I love my iPad and I will happily pay for OLED. I’ll be getting the 11 Inch anyways, so the price increase shouldn’t be that severe.

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
I love my iPad and I will happily pay for OLED. I’ll be getting the 11 Inch anyways, so the price increase shouldn’t be that severe.
The 11” base model is currently $800. At $1500 that would be a 88 % price increase. Even if they double the storage, that would still be a 67 % price increase.

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
The 11” base model is currently $800. At $1500 that would be a 88 % price increase. Even if they double the storage, that would still be a 67 % price increase.
I’m not paying nowhere near that. I always get the 256GB model. I can take a $100 price increase. Anything higher than that will probably be a no.

Reactions: rhinosrcool

blkjedi954

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2012
Florida
Yeah, with Magic Keyboard and Pencil (and charger ;)), the price of the OLED version will probably be in AVP territory.
Actually that’s not accurate. With magic keyboard and Apple Pencil you’re looking at $2,880 before taxes. Apple.com is just a click away. Ciao!

blkjedi954

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2012
Florida
Yeah, with Magic Keyboard and Pencil (and charger ;)), the price of the OLED version will probably be in AVP territory.
Actually that’s wholly inaccurate. Apple.com is a click away. But since you’re averse to do elementary research prior to stating something that is easily disproven I will do the light work for you.
iPad Pro 12.9 2tb cell - $2399
magic keyboard - $349
Apple Pencil - $129

Total = $2,877 (before taxes)

Here‘s a pic for your viewing pleasure.

Future disagreements can be avoided when fact based if a little research is done. Ciao!

Attachments

• IMG_0181.jpeg
    IMG_0181.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 38
  • Wow
Reactions: Royksöpp

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
A recent supply chain report from The Elec suggested that Apple is currently targeting a $1,500 starting price for the 11-inch iPad Pro with OLED and a $1,800 starting price for the 12.9-inch version. This would be a significant price increase compared to the current iPad Pro lineup..

honestly who's getting one ?

At those prices, it’s a major pass for me unless it comes with 1TB base storage.

Not that I’m in the market for one anyway. I think it will be a long, long while before I need to replace my M1 iPP 1TB.

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
Actually that’s wholly inaccurate. Apple.com is a click away. But since you’re averse to do elementary research prior to stating something that is easily disproven I will do the light work for you.
iPad Pro 12.9 2tb cell - $2399
magic keyboard - $349
Apple Pencil - $129

Total = $2,877 (before taxes)

Here‘s a pic for your viewing pleasure.

Future disagreements can be avoided when fact based if a little research is done. Ciao!
We were talking about the upcoming OLED iPad Pro, whose maxed-out price is yet unknown and the subject of this speculation, along with the rumored sturdier new Magic Keyboard and new Pencil 3. Future disagreements can be avoided by careful reading of this thread. Ciao!

Last edited:

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023
A recent supply chain report from The Elec suggested that Apple is currently targeting a $1,500 starting price for the 11-inch iPad Pro with OLED and a $1,800 starting price for the 12.9-inch version. This would be a significant price increase compared to the current iPad Pro lineup..

Count me out 😊 I do not see any values on iPad Pro anymore for my tasks. Now, it is getting more expensive with OLED. Unless one needs all bells and whistles offered by iPad Pro OLED and tablet, with such OLED model high price, it is better or more value to get certain MacBook Pro or MacBook Air am downgrading my M2 iPad Pro to upcoming iPad mini. Keep calm, get the best product according to the needs/wants and be happy of the choice. 😊

Reactions: ipos

DaveCummings

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2020
It's not so much the prices to me if I'd jump on the new one or not. I know a lot of renders like to show it with reduced bezels w/ the camera on the side, giving it a notch. To me, a notch or a permanent dynamic island would be a huge step back in the design of it. But the thing that would decide how fast I pull the trigger is the rumors of a new Apple Pencil with interchangable tips. If its something that works on all iPads that used the Apple Pencil 2, I doubt I'd upgrade. If it's only for the OLED iPad Pro, I'd probably get it. If it's only for the iPads coming out that year and they have a 12.9 iPad Air w/M2 and the OLED does have a huge price increase...I'd probably go with the Air. My daughter has the current Air and I may be the only person who doesn't notice ProMotion but when it comes to illustration, I can't tell the difference in the performance between her M1 iPad Air and my M2 iPad Pro...except for me having hover abilities. I do hope for a thinner point on the pencils. I've used Wacom styluses for years before I went to an iPad and I miss the thin point those have...but don't miss having to calibrate the styluses or updating the OS or Tablet driver and hoping to god that they still get along after the update

LogicalApex

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2015
PA, USA
Maybe it will support macOS, that should do. :)
I doubt we’ll see macOS on the iPad at this point. They had ample room to add that in 2020 with the M1 iPad Pro.

Adding it now would probably piss people off unless it worked all the way back to the M1 2020 model. Which would challenge a massive price increase.

Reactions: Tagbert

DaveCummings

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2020
I doubt we’ll see macOS on the iPad at this point. They had ample room to add that in 2020 with the M1 iPad Pro.

Adding it now would probably piss people off unless it worked all the way back to the M1 2020 model. Which would challenge a massive price increase.
At this point, i wouldn't want MacOS on an iPad. It would require a massive rethink of the OS. My problem with iPadOS has less to do with the OS and more to do with developers not releasing the desktop versions onto the iPad. They have the same processing power as the iPad. There's no reason at all why Adobe can't release the full desktop version of Photoshop onto the iPad and not the version we got. I've asked a couple of times, first time I asked why can't they release a full version for the M series iPads and they gave me an excuse like "oh we want to have the same experience on ALL the iPads" and the 2nd time, I asked someone from Adobe who specializes on Photoshop and he got almost hostile saying "well Apple hasn't released Final Cut on the iPad, I think it's more to do with them than us" only for Final Cut to be announced a week later

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
If those projections are fairly accurate, I would not spend that kind of money on an iPd when I can use a 13" MBA and or continue using the iPad mini. The iPad has great hardware. The problem is the OS is really hampered and can't come close to making use of the hardware ability.

blkjedi954

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2012
Florida
We were talking about the upcoming OLED iPad Pro, whose maxed-out price is yet unknown and the subject of this speculation, along with the rumored sturdier new Magic Keyboard and new Pencil 3. Future disagreements can be avoided by careful reading of this thread. Ciao!
You were so eager to jump in you either misread or simply ignored my response to a specific statement. WOW, reading is hard when you’re in your feelings. No one mentioned maxed-out price. I introduced that metric to show that people are spending on pricier options Karen. Then you made a wholly inaccurate statement and I corrected you. That should have been it. Thank me and move on. So read the full conversation I was responding to next time to before you offer such a haphazardly misguided attempt to “get me back”. My initial response is accurate and true, still. Truly priceless…😂 Ciao! Karen.

Last edited:

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
You were so eager to jump in you either misread or simply ignored my response to a specific statement. WOW, reading is hard when you’re in your feelings. No one mentioned maxed-out price. I introduced that metric to show that people are spending on pricier options Karen. Then you made a wholly inaccurate statement and I corrected you. That should have been it. Thank me and move on. So read the full conversation I was responding to next time to before you offer such a haphazardly misguided attempt to “get me back”. My initial response is accurate and true, still. Truly priceless…😂 Ciao! Karen.
What!? You yourself talked about the maxed-out price in #13. And I agreed with you and added that the OLED version of this maxed-out case, if the base version will start at $1800 as per this thread's topic, together with accessories, would probably reach AVP pricing level. It’s you who's been misreading.

Digitalguy

macrumors 601
Apr 15, 2019
This entire post ignores the fact that rumors about Apple’s pricing strategies are almost always wrong.
The base pro iPhone has been rumored to get a US price increased the last five generations in a row, it has not happened.
The Mac line was rumored to get cheaper across-the-board when the Apple Silicon transition happened, and not really. Better value but the actual pricing has mostly stayed consistent.

Given that a 12.9 inch iPad Air is rumored, I think that does point to signs at the price will be going up, but certainly not doubling.
Assuming the 12.9 inch iPad Air takes the old $799 pricing, I could imagine the 11 inch pro goes up to $999, and the 13 inch goes up to $1199, with a doubling of storage across-the-board.
So the air would start at 128 GB, and the pro at 256
totally agree, these pricing rumors are worthless and have historically been virtually always wrong.
I think you scenario is the most likely, a $200 price increase for the 11" LCD and a $100 increase for the miniled, which Apple could justify as a $100 price increase for doubling the base storage (just like now) and a $100 for OLED, whose price would technically therefore align with MiniLED. Oled at the price of mini led? Who could complain...
Will Apple give 128GB on the air with no price increase? Maybe. But a $50 increase could be a possibility too ($649 and $849 for the M2). Even with $50 price increase you will see a lot of people here saying how much the air is a better value than the pro, especially with $128GB storage and a $350/400 price difference... and that the pro makes no sense etc. But also many more silent people buying the oled $999 pro...

As for these much higher prices they would make sense for a larger iPad pro, but that's not coming next year...

bradman83

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2020
Buffalo, NY
There's no reason at all why Adobe can't release the full desktop version of Photoshop onto the iPad and not the version we got. I've asked a couple of times, first time I asked why can't they release a full version for the M series iPads and they gave me an excuse like "oh we want to have the same experience on ALL the iPads" and the 2nd time, I asked someone from Adobe who specializes on Photoshop and he got almost hostile saying "well Apple hasn't released Final Cut on the iPad, I think it's more to do with them than us" only for Final Cut to be announced a week later
In all fairness to Adobe they've made the original argument several times - they want their iPad offerings to run on all currently supported devices. Final Cut is a poor example as it only runs on M-powered iPads whereas Photoshop will run on a 5th generation, A9-powered, 1GB RAM sporting model. Even looking at current offerings there's a huge gap in capability between the 9th generation models sporting 3GB of RAM and M1/M2 models with 8 or 16GB of RAM plus the ability to address virtual memory.

That puts developers in a tricky spot. Do they deliver more powerful apps restricted to M-series iPads at the expense of potential customer installs, or do they scale their apps to the lowest supported hardware configuration?

blkjedi954

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2012
Florida
What!? You yourself talked about the maxed-out price in #13. And I agreed with you and added that the OLED version of this maxed-out case, if the base version will start at $1800 as per this thread's topic, together with accessories, would probably reach AVP pricing level. It’s you who's been misreading.
You are too funny. I yield..lol. I’ve gotten a good chuckle out of this. Be on your way. Until next time our paths cross citizen. Ciao!

Clamjuice65

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2023

But folks will buy these iPads Apple can’t loose

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I think 1500 is possible and with the brand new MK my guess it will be close to 2k.

what storage option I choose I dunno yet. Wanted to go 1TB for more ram but may just stick with 256GB

DaveCummings

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2020
I highly doubt any price increase to the iPad Pro will be as severe as they’re rumoring. I remember the rumors of a massive price increase to the MiniLED iPad Pros, only for just a $100 increase

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
At those prices, it’s a major pass for me unless it comes with 1TB base storage.

Not that I’m in the market for one anyway. I think it will be a long, long while before I need to replace my M1 iPP 1TB.
It's possible they will do what they did with the 15 Pro Max and increase the storage with the price increase.

ipos

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2011
Same, I’ll just opt for a MBA instead.
I will just get a iPad Air which serves well for a basic user.

I can’t really see the reason to fork out over 1500 for a oled iPad Pro.

Rather get a MacBook Air

rachislenska

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2014
I am really thinking about getting a m2 iPad Pro given that the oled iPads will be filthy expensive. I dont think I need a Magic Keyboard or whatever it is considering I do most of my such work on my m2 air. Oled panel would have been nice but I doubt it is worth the price bump that is going to happen.

Reactions: ipos

ipos

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2011
I am really thinking about getting a m2 iPad Pro given that the oled iPads will be filthy expensive. I dont think I need a Magic Keyboard or whatever it is considering I do most of my such work on my m2 air. Oled panel would have been nice but I doubt it is worth the price bump that is going to happen.
My exact sentiment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.