iPad Pro Ipad Pro Shipping - Stolen in Kentucky??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by thinayr, Nov 19, 2015.

1. thinayr macrumors newbie

thinayr

Hi All, I've been eagerly watching my iPad's journey from China to my doorstep... Reported to be delivered tomorrow!

Then it got to Kentucky, and there were no status updates for a whole day. Now it's back to being in China again with no reported delivery date.

Is this a sign of snags in Apple's delivery system, or did I get my iPad stolen by someone?

Anybody else experience this yet??

[​IMG]

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Umm, unless there are MacRumors members who are also UPS Customer Service Reps, your best bet is to call UPS and ask THEM.

Just sayin.

3. BryanLyle macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

Mine did the EXACT same thing. Mine went to Louisville and then "back" to Hong Kong... and is scheduled for delivery today.

4. thinayr thread starter macrumors newbie

thinayr

I've just never seen this before, although I have ordered a lot of apple products over the years. I was curious if other members had the same thing happen to them (now or in the past) as it could mean something systemic going on... I'm not looking for tech support :)

5. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Looks like system issues with UPS. Hang in there will be delivered soon

6. JerryMBPR macrumors newbie

JerryMBPR

Same problem here. My iPad Pro was stuck in Louisville for 3 days with no delivery date. I contacted UPS and then Apple.

It arrived in perfect condition yesterday.

There had been a message about mechanical failure but no explanation of what it was.

Jerry

7. thinayr thread starter macrumors newbie

thinayr

Bryan, our new 'pads must have been travel buddies that fell of the truck, got kidnapped or were assigned a new home. Either way it looks like we'll be waiting!

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I agreed that it is most likely a glitch with UPS. But I would certainly keep a close eye on it until it arrives.

9. thinayr thread starter macrumors newbie

thinayr

Heh- while I was typing other comments came in. Sounds like there's hope!

I'll just sit tight and let you know what happens. Thanks all

10. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Btw, love the quote in the signature :)

11. mi7chy, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015

mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

I've seen that too with Fedex but package arrived on time so don't worry too much about it.

12. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

Remember the three pallets if iPad Mini's stolen at a NY airport a couple of years ago?
    It has happened in the past.

13. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

There have been no known iPad thefts at UPS Worldport. My opinion would be that when they scanned a pallet for shipment, it either did not make the flight or they had the wrong serials listed on the wrong pallets. So it would appear that the items were on the way but they really weren't. They do not scan each individual shipping barcode usually on bulk items like this until they are sorted so they do a single scan for X number of devices of whatever.

14. Skeetergirl macrumors newbie

Skeetergirl

Mine did the same thing, was supposed to deliver today but is now back in China!

15. dhrupalp macrumors newbie

Atleast your iPad made it to Louisville. Mine is still in China. Supposedly was to deliver Friday.

Attached Files:

16. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

Fear not. Mine stayed in China until the day before it was to arrive and it did come on time. They simply do not update very well

17. dhrupalp macrumors newbie

I really hope that it comes. It worries me that it was originally scheduled for Monday then changed to Friday. Now it's saying date unavailable.

18. mrp717 macrumors newbie

Mine had the same delay, only hung up in Germany, no updates for 3 days. Next update it was back in Hong Kong. Initial delivery date was Nov 19. Even with the craziness, delivery is today, Friday the 20th.

19. dhrupalp macrumors newbie

If you live in Europe it should have gone through Germany otherwise Anchoragw and Lousivlle are the two centers for America. I also called UPS and Apple both are saying that their was an issue with the plane and do not have any other updates.

20. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Pallet probably just missed the flight - there's no customs scan after entry to the US, so they never made it stateside.

Could also have been missing customs documents and been sent back - the timings of the scans would allow for this.

21. draughn101 macrumors regular

I'm in Houston and my iPad has been stuck in Dallas. When it shipped from Tmobie it had an absurd delivery estimate coming from Louisville and it almost seems like UPS is holding it in Dallas to meet that estimated delivery time. I'm hoping it just missed a scan.

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Wait until after the delivery date before jumping to conclusions :) I saw similar issues with a MBP order a while ago. Everything turned our fine for me :)

23. dhrupalp macrumors newbie

Has anybody seen updates with their tracking?

24. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

My iPad Mini 4 received no updates till after delivery. Delivery happened per the original estimated date. After I received the iPad, all of the tracking updates were put on the website.

25. draughn101 macrumors regular

Mine just popped up in Houston. It still says the estimated delivery is Tuesday, but I'm guessing it will deliver tomorrow.