iPad Pro iPad Pro - The best magazine reader ever!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mozartwon, Nov 12, 2015.

1. mozartwon macrumors member

The iPad Pro's screen is the best magazine reader I have ever used! You can view full page with sharp and vivid text and colors. Must see to believe!

2. Robnsn2015 macrumors regular

3. webdevfreak macrumors newbie

Anyone of you guys used NextIssue(Texture), Zinio or Readr? Any others? Thanks for your feedback. I'm on the fence to buy an iPad Pro. Seems would be good for textbooks as well.

4. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

The Texture app itself isn't optimized for the iPad Pro but the magazines looks great. The Star Wars issue of Wired looked amazing on the iPad Pro. Not all magazines are as high resolution but so far the vast majority of them look just awesome on the iPad Pro.

5. lockerc18 macrumors 6502

The best magazine reader I ever used is... well, a magazine. I can view full pages with it, the colors are as vivid and sharp as the original, it's light weight and very portable, it's great in bed, it's recyclable, and the best thing about it is that I get a new one every month. And if my cousin Joey borrows it and ends up dropping it on the floor, it still works. What's not to like?

6. Mike B in ok macrumors member

Mike B in ok

I'm using my Pro to view heavily-illustrated Kindle books and love it.

7. H8ter2 macrumors newbie

H8ter2

I have texture and the magazines look great. They take advantage of the full screen wonderfully with no noticeable degraded image from up scaling in screen size, and no black border like old iPad had with converted iPhone apps.

8. markol macrumors member

I've been using Texture past couple days, and noticed some magazines default to landscape view with no way of changing it to portrait. Does anyone know how??

9. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Comics and high-resolution magazines have been a dream on the iPad Pro. ImagineFX and 2DArtist magazines have never looked so good. :) (I just read them as PDF in Documents 5 / PDF Expert... until GoodReader updates their app).

10. artfossil macrumors 6502

artfossil

The best magazine I ever read . . . . is an iPad. I can experience glorious color and sharp text, zoom in and out, navigate quickly, access additional content, easily archive text or images for my research, avoid clutter AND recycling (which is really down-cycling) and best of all, it's always with me and available anywhere, anytime.

11. AC Rempt macrumors 6502

AC Rempt

And this is a major reason I bought one. I read a lot of comics, and I'm out of room for storage. I'm not giving up paper ,magazines or comics entirely, but the iPad Pro makes it very tempting.

12. glhaynes macrumors member

It's good for reading in the way that I think people had hoped the original iPad would be.

13. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

I've just started using Magzter, seems pretty good so far. £7.99/month which gives you a family subscription (5 people total)

14. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

I have been using Zinio (just updated for the pro) and it works great! Like artfossil said, it is better than a magazine in my opinion. The able to read just text if you want, zoom in on photos or information, access extra content, have the issues delivered electronically... lots of reasons.

15. lockerc18 macrumors 6502

I might agree with you, except that IOS8 and then IOS9 have not done well on my iPad3 at all. If I had a newer iPad, I might think differently. And the IPP, now, that's a horse of a different color.

16. Robnsn2015 macrumors regular

I like the Apple News app and Flipboard on the iPad. I'm looking forward to using those two apps, plus magazine apps like Vanity Fair or Wired, plus comic books/graphic novels on the iPad Pro.

17. WilliamG macrumors 604

If only there were native apps for the iPad Pro, I'd agree. That's the biggest downer for me right now. Everything I read looks noticeably worse than on my iPad Air 2.

18. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

those apps will hopefully get optimized soon

19. AppleRobert macrumors 603

+1.
    And it is expensive when one buys accessories for it as well.

I noticed the devices you have, is the Pro a keeper for you?

I have an Macbook Air and iPad Air 2, right now I'm still deciding but I think the Pro is a goner.

20. WilliamG macrumors 604

I personally wouldn't be able to justify an Air and a Pro and an Air 2. The Pro is the keeper for me. My Air 2 is sold (my wife still has hers), and all other Apple laptops belong to my wife, too. So for me my Pro is the only portable Apple device I have aside from the iPhone.

21. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Would you be able to recommend some so we can check them out? Thanks in advance.

22. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I'd sell the Air 2 but the funds would not even dent the 32gb Pro let allow a higher storage model and also accessories unfortunately.

23. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

The National Geographic magazine is awesome on the iPad Pro. The iPad Pro is replacing my iPad 2 which was choking on most magazines.

24. aevan macrumors 68000

aevan

I read a lot of ImagineFX from their own app. As someone mentioned here for a different magazine, the app itself is not optimized for iPad Pro, however, the magazine looks really great, like it's in full resolution. It's really sharp. I can't say if it's really in full iPad Pro resolution or just scaled, but one thing I can say for sure: it looks amazing.

25. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Bad performance "choking"? That doesnt sound right for the Air 2. My Air works great with magazines so the Air 2 must also. Should be better since its got better guts.