iPad Pro iPad pro weight with keyboard?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lite426, Oct 3, 2015.

1. lite426 macrumors regular

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

0.96lb

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

No, the Pro is like 1.5lb. Not sure about how much the keyboard adds.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

The keyboard is 0.96lb

5. Serban Suspended

so in total of 2.47lb so heavier than Macbook but still the macbook has 12" vs almost 13"

6. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

What's your source on this?

7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

There was a press review that said it felt about the same weight as an air 2. If that's the case then that's the weight. I think personally it's half that.

8. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I doubt that.

9. Mcdevidr macrumors 6502a

The keyboard weighs 170 grams. $1 per gram.

10. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

This is more like it.

11. Mcdevidr macrumors 6502a

Seems like it will be somewhat comparable to the 12 inch MacBook in weight by the time you add a keyboard.

12. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

I do not see any of them as heavy, I am typing this on my rMB and it would be unnoticeable to most judging by the specs. To me, at this point things are light. We should not invest too much time into shaving off the weight of a peanut as some people seem to think. Who cares if they weigh similar when they are this light? It is like how people are complain gin about the weight gain in this year's iPhones. But; if you disagree with me, please reply with your informed opinion as I will not dismiss other views as 'wrong'.

13. MikhailT macrumors 601

Keep in mind that you're not holding the device to type on the Macbook, that's the big difference between tablet and laptops. Imagine holding your Macbook for a while, you will start to feel the weight impact on your wrists after a period of time, now imagine what happens if it was 1LB heavier.

I had iPad 3 and upgraded to the lighter iPad Air 2 that made a huge impact on my ability to hold the device with one hand for a much longer period of time. I'm using it to read books, tweets, and so on, it's close to my face and I'm holding it like a book. I don't do that with Macbook, therefore, it is not a big impact there.

Again, once the keyboard comes into the picture, you're going to put it down and in this case, it's not going to matter much.

14. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

The iPad pro weighs in at 1.57 pounds (713 grams) or 1.59 pounds (723 grams) (Wi-Fi+LTE). The smart keyboard has not been weighed. For an educated guess, I would say a total weight of both the iPad pro and Smart Keyboard at 1.67 Pounds.

15. lite426 thread starter macrumors regular

You think the keyboard will weigh under 50 grams?! No WAY!

16. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

its an estimate :D. I don't think the iPad Pro with Smart Keyboard will weigh anything more then 907 grams/2 pounds.

17. MisterL99 macrumors member

if its another 100 grams, none of this will stop us from buying this thing. I'm looking forward to it. I'm going with the latest 15" MBPro, my i puh hone 6+ and waiting on the iPad Pro w/ keyboard. that's going to be my lineup. A couple grams here or there won't deter most, silly really from what we'd accept if the technology wasn't progressing so rapidly, so it's 2lb with keyboard and you absolutely must/have to read in bed, so its gets heavy, then you change your position and lie it down or read 20 minutes less any given night. We're so spoiled its stupid. Like we have no flexibility in how we use the device that a couple extra GRAMS, not lbs, grams makes that much a difference. stop it! use the other hand or go further, figure out a way to not be as lazy as you're used to being, there's a thought. ijs

18. lite426 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't about you, but if it's an extra 400 grams (a more likely estimate), that would make me less likely to buy it. Because at that weight a RMB is lighter and more portable. The whole point for me of a tablet is the portability. If I didn't care about the weight, I'd just get a 13 inch MacBook Pro retina.

19. Serban Suspended

let's not forget that the keyboard from Surface book is around 700g, with batteries,1 fan and dgpu
    so the smart keyboard should have around 200-300g

20. lite426 thread starter macrumors regular

So does anyone have the Smart Keyboard? Could they measure and tell me the weight please (in grams)? Thanks.

21. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

How is the smart keyboard for using on you lap? Is it stable? Does the iPad feel secure?

22. chongsen macrumors newbie

The surface pro 4 keyboard is around 360g.

And surface is smaller and no stand at the back.

I think the ipad pro keyboard will be around 400g

23. mrklaw macrumors 65816

sp4 keyboard is backlit with chiclet keys - iPad pro keyboard looks a little thinner and the fabric covering might mean no individual key caps which will keep the weight down. But you're right about the extra stand at he back of the iPad keyboard which will add some weight.

24. lite426 thread starter macrumors regular

Gosh, how hard is it to find out the exact weight of this thing!

25. loekf macrumors 6502

loekf