Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aibocyrus

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2015
Orlando, FL
Question - anybody that ordered the 128Gb version only got the "iPad Pro 128Gb" to choose?
It did not mention LTE at all, but given the price of 1,079 I assume they just forgot to specify the LTE part.
Anyone had the same issue?
Does ATT only sell LTE versions of the iPads?
Your assumptions are correct! Carriers are only selling 128GB LTE pros =]

CjonesHouston

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2015
Texas
Question - anybody that ordered the 128Gb version only got the "iPad Pro 128Gb" to choose?
It did not mention LTE at all, but given the price of 1,079 I assume they just forgot to specify the LTE part.
Anyone had the same issue?
Does ATT only sell LTE versions of the iPads?
It said LTE on my order page I believe. But not on my E-mail confirmation.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Decided to go with Apple instead.. Don't feel like waiting. They finally had gotten them in stock in my store.. Going to go pick one up in a few..

Reactions: CjonesHouston

Drew888

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Question for those that received theirs through AT&T. Is there any reference number on the label? If so, what information did they use for that? (order number, phone number, etc.?)

mikemj23

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
Question for those that received theirs through AT&T. Is there any reference number on the label? If so, what information did they use for that? (order number, phone number, etc.?)

Drew, I'm sorry man I already threw mine out.

Aibocyrus

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2015
Orlando, FL

I do know that the new device phone number will be on the shipping label below the shipping address. You can also call in and get the IMEI and invoice numbers. I'd recommend trying that too

goomba478

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2012
WOW 6 pages of replies! I had no idea ^_^ thanks guys. Here's my update:

On Wednesday I called my local AT&T store. They don't offer "NEXT" for iPad but they did have installment plan. I pre-ordered the 128GB / Space Grey / LTE model and with financing it comes to $54.00 a month which is exactly why I wanted to through AT&T and not pay full retail up front at the Apple Store. They did sneak in a $10 a month insurance plan but assured me I can cancel it when it comes in.

That being said, they were as shocked as I was that Apple gave them little to no information and they said I was the first person in their store to mention the iPad Pro let alone pre-order it. They also had no idea if they were even selling Pencils or Keyboards but seemed to think they would "by Christmas anyhow". The sales guy also stated what others here have said that AT&T tends to overplay their delays in shipping new products, so I hope this is the case as I really wanted one at launch (though the fact that even Apple has no Pencils in stock worries me a bit). I know that realistically we can all wait another few weeks or a month or whatever, but I don't really get why that's the case if we ordered them before they came out.

Anyhow, I'm going to read the other 5 pages of responses and see what you guys posted. Thanks again!

goomba478

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2012
OK I'm all caught up now. Glad to hear you guys having them shipped and delivered already! I know with the Space Grey it seems to be a bit more delayed but hopefully not too much.

What I don't know though is this: Since I pre-ordered in store, I only got a receipt showing the sales tax and monthly charges I would receive but it says that they won't charge my card until it ships (which hasn't happened yet). When I check my AT&T page on their website I don't see any mention of my iPad Pro though. So if you pre-order in store, how do you get a tracking status for it?

hbenitez09

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
I ordered mine yesterday was showing back ordered with delivery November 19 or so. The device shipped today via UPS second day air have departure scan from Texas but estimated delivery day of Tuesday. Here's to hoping its in Chicago tomorrow

Juandagis

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010
Some accessories till my space gray gets here, hopefully before November 25. Waiting until maybe the Zagg comes out. Cheapies but goodies till then.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 83

rdavis41

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2009
Same problem here. I'm hoping we get our toys pretty soon.

Sad, but I find myself checking my status every hour or so for my Space Gray. Still "In Progress". I'm thinking end of next week. We will see a lot of movement.

I went to 3 AT&T stores yesterday, all of them said that they received no shipments from Apple. They also said that they hadn't received their demos yet either. One store said they just received their iPhone 6s demo last week.

Oh well, guess I'll just keep checking my order status and reading this thread.

CjonesHouston

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2015
Texas
Sad, but I find myself checking my status every hour or so for my Space Gray. Still "In Progress". I'm thinking end of next week. We will see a lot of movement.

I went to 3 AT&T stores yesterday, all of them said that they received no shipments from Apple. They also said that they hadn't received their demos yet either. One store said they just received their iPhone 6s demo last week.

I feel your pain.
I stated yesterday in the thread. That the AT&T store close to my office. Said if I had already ordered the iPP. Then I would probably receive it before them.
They made it seem like Apple hasn't fully released it and are still in a preorder period. With few people and stores receiving them. No AT&T , Apple Stores or Best Buys in my 300 mile radius of Houston has the Space Gray Cellular available until the 11/25. I could only find the 32gb Gold. At a couple of location miles away. It's like Apple only released a small amount so far. I was unsure if I was going to purchase the iPP but I tried to order at midnight like I usually do with my iPhones. With no chance of placing a order. So I ordered at 6:30 through AT&T. I didn't think Apple would do AT&T 's installment plan. So now I wait like my 7 year old on Christmas Eve night but it feels like the night will never end. LOL

Drew888

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I ordered the Gold, at or before the times others posted here. They have theirs. Mine still says preparing to ship, almost 48 hours preparing to ship.

rdavis41

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2009
I have to have it by Thanksgiving. How in the Hell could I eat turkey without showing off my New iPP to my family. Lol

I just want mine by then so I can have an iPad. I gave my air 2 to my son since they watch Netflix a lot. I can't wait to use this for my classes I lecture. Plus grading papers will be so much easier with the use of the pencil.

Drew888

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I just want mine by then so I can have an iPad. I gave my air 2 to my son since they watch Netflix a lot. I can't wait to use this for my classes I lecture. Plus grading papers will be so much easier with the use of the pencil.

I'm a teacher also. What do you teach?

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas

As I said before this is primarily all on . Last Wednesday .. I had went to 2 AT&T stores as well as chatted with 2 AT&T reps online and each one had conflicted reports. But one AT&T store I had left my number to contact me when they had one available. I left out of town late Thursday and Friday morning.. I gotta call that they had it available, but only ONE was shipped to them. Since I was already gone... I missed my chance.

But when I arrived to my destination... I checked quite a few times for the nearby  Store stock, and around 11am... Availability appeared. I immediately reserved one... About an hr later my friend told me to check if they had more, but the model was already out of stock.

I think relying on AT&T won't get you far, but I do understand if you want to do the financing & not want to pay upfront cost. But if anything try to see if you can leave your contact info at all those 3 stores in hopes they will contact you when shipment comes. It seems  is only shipping very few models.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.