iPad Pros in stores today?!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MadeByApple, Nov 11, 2015.

1. MadeByApple macrumors member

maybe I'm being gullible, but I heard Apple Stores will have iPad Pros on display today; third party retailers will have them Friday.

I guess this explains why my iPad pro is available for pickup today???

Can anyone confirm this????

2. rickshill macrumors member

3. judahde macrumors member

Yes... so I place an order for pickup. HOWEVER... the Apple Pencil is not available for pickup!!! WHAT!!!

Isn't that the whole point of this device? I'm going to go to the Apple store anyway (less than 5 miles from me) and see if they have one available. If not, that's a serious screw up on their part.

4. MadeByApple thread starter macrumors member

I don't know about you, but I'm going to sleep one happy mother f**ker!

(Apple Pencil comes next week, but I'm okay with that. I've waited mannnny years for an iPad like this.)

5. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

6. BradWould macrumors 6502

BradWould

Personally I think saying that the Apple Pencil is the whole point of iPad Pro is a huge overstatement. I've never used one and I didn't buy the pro. But I'm guessing that other than power users, artists and designers, the novelty will wear off. I would guess that using a finger would be much easier for most tasks. I know Steve Jobs famously said that any device that needs a stylus is doing something wrong. That is exactly why Apple is NOT contradicting him. It's an accessory not a necessity. Although I do understand the feeling of not getting what you want on launch day. That always sucks.

7. MadeByApple thread starter macrumors member

Steve jobs shot down the stylus when he introduced the iPhone. Stylus and phones are stupid.

iPads have always been about media consumption. They are great for reading books, watching videos or browsing web pages. The pro version takes the iPad one step further by making it a stellar device for creating content ( pencil for drawing or sketching notes; keyboard for typing documents; and powerful hardware to make it all work seemlisly)

Most people are consumers (iPad mini and iPad are are probably best for you; a select few will actually want/need the capabilities of the pro for creating.

Although most people could get away with an iPad Air (myself), we will see many people choosing a pro version just because they can. The MacBook line is a great example of this logic. A lot of people buy the pro version when they could easily get by with a MacBook Air.

I realize this post drift far from the original post. Sorry, I'm a fan boy. I will plug any defense whenever I can.

8. lique831 macrumors regular

I placed my order 30 minutes ago for store pickup today. I was pretty surprised. Thought I was going to have to wait to have it delivered.

9. Macalway macrumors 68000

they are in stores. Any it appears, just about every store.

10. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

Where can you get the Pencil? I don't see any Apple Stores that have them in my area.

11. uhslax24 macrumors 6502

uhslax24

Very constrained stock it seems based on store pickup availability. That could change, however, when the stores receive shipments today.

12. Macalway macrumors 68000

None of the stores seem to have the pencil. This is sort of a drag.

Who knows what the problem is.

13. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

not correct. ring first to check

14. kingjames1970 macrumors regular

I got the pencil an hour ago from the Apple Store in Southampton. Don't know how many they had though.

15. Macalway macrumors 68000

Oh sorry, (my bad). In meant in the US

(have to use my brain more :D )

16. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

The only reason I'm looking at the ipad pro is for its stylus input for drawing. Waiting one/two weeks is going to be hard.

17. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

I'm waiting 3-4 Weeks.

18. Macalway macrumors 68000

They had to screw up something right?

But 3 to 4 weeks is way out there.

19. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

Christ ! that was quick! Guess i'm waiting 4 weeks then. Argghhh!

20. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

I'm just hoping Apple Stores will eventually have them, so I can walk in and buy. At least my iPad Pro gets here Friday.

21. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    As an artist my fingers are not at all suitable for my needs, the Pencil acts as a real pencil and that's how I sketch... I don't finger paint. Apple should have had this available the same time as the device since they were made for each other. It's an odd thing and I'm wondering if Apple may have had a slight delay by a few days, and that's why it isn't ready to go, but I have a feeling they wanted to get the Pro out in time for the holidays.

Kal

22. Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

Was it listed as not available for pickup and you just grabbed one in-store? I was worried that there might not even be any in stores at all today, Now I'm considering making it to the store opening.

If the supply is really limited it wouldn't be unusual for Apple to disable the pickup in store system.

Long enough that if you buy the device now you'll be out of return period by the time you get to try the Pencil. Which is clever on their part, I guess, but really annoying.

23. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

Doesn't the Holiday return policy (US) go into effect now?

24. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

I think you just confirmed that they are in the store today (available for pickup today) unless I misunderstood you.