iPad iPad: ProSwitcher, Multifl0w, or Kirikae?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AppleiPad, May 11, 2010.

1. AppleiPad macrumors member

Does anybody know when an iPad optimized version of any multitasking managers will be released. I know that multifl0w works, but it doesn't look great.

Thanks in advance

2. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

They'll be released when they're ready. The devs do have day jobs and don't have all the time in the world to spend on tinkering with their iPads

It'll come, don't worry :)

3. AppleiPad thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, i was just wondering if any of these developers had announced a release date; or if they had even confirmed that they are working on an iPad version

4. FastangV6 macrumors regular

FastangV6

I haven't seen any announced release dates yet, but am very interested in one of these getting updated!

5. DSchwartz88 macrumors 6502

chpwn of ProSwitcher knows he has to update it and said he will do it when he gets the time to. All these dev's have other jobs and other stuff to do, so it'll happen when it happens. it is free you know....

6. AppleiPad thread starter macrumors member

To me backgrounder is pointless without a task manager. ProSwitcher looks so slick, Palm did multitasking the right way. C'mon chpwn, let's get this update out! (no pressure :D)

7. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

did any of them ever work flawless on the iphone? I tried them all early on and they were buggy and annoying. So I uninstalled and havent tried any of them again.

8. HXGuy macrumors 68000

I have ProSwitcher on the iPhone and it works great.

9. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Pointless? How do you figure? You can still leave apps open while you do something else. It's easy to just manually switch back and forth.

Unless you course you use a bunch of apps at once. The most I have open at once are two.

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Kirikae works perfect.

11. HXGuy macrumors 68000

It does? Perfect?

I mean it works, but it's still setup for an iPhone, not the iPad, where the windows only show up in the corner and pretty small. But it does work.

12. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

HE asked about the iPhone.

13. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

What did arn say that about aggie?

14. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Lol, just do a search for arn's post history. I know I looked it up before, but don't remember anymore

15. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

Circuitous is the closet that kind of almost works. It is unstable though. I have tried all of them on iPhone and Circuitous is the one I prefer the most because I can use Activator to move from application to application by swiping the taskbar. So, it's very similar to changing photos displayed in user action. I use double click home to bring up list of running application, but the problem is half the time it crash into safe mode.

16. shrek4224 macrumors newbie

I have the latest beta of Circuitous and it has never crashed, the older versions never did either. The fact that people keep referencing the new OS that is coming is ridiculous. If you are not interested in modding then why come to this forum.

17. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

??????????:confused:

18. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

Have ANY multitasking managers been updated for iPad? Sure I have backgrounding, but if I have to go back to the home screen to switch apps, I might as not bother with it.

19. AppleiPad thread starter macrumors member

Dan Zimmerman of Circuitous has an updated version of his task manager ready to go, hours (ok, maybe days) away from release. Follow his Twitter here

Also, chpwn of ProSwitcher currently only owns an iPad (no iPhone or iPod Touch) so he should be fairly focused on developing a new version for the iPad. Follow his Twitter here

20. The Reason macrumors member

where are you finding this beta?

21. AppleiPad thread starter macrumors member

Dan Zimmerman just released Circuitous, a task manager for the iPad, grab it on Cydia!

22. HXGuy macrumors 68000

23. FCDP macrumors regular

24. ciaran00 macrumors 6502

Does circuitous automatically background an app like pr0switcher does? Or do you have to background it manually?

25. stor macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info. Just installed circuitous and it works perfectly on my iPad

It works similar as pro switcher work on my iPod.