Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jervasio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2016
Hey, I just bought the new iPad 10.5 256Gb Space Gray directly from Apple, however I'm in Portugal and a member of my family living in the US is going to bring it to me (pickup in store option).
She doesn't understand much of technology so I would like to ask you, if I face any problems with the iPad, if I can return it for a new one (within the 14 day from picked up in store), here in Portugal.
I think their warranty is worldwide if I'm not mistaken..

Thanks in advance!

tibas92013

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2013
Costa Rica
Hey, I just bought the new iPad 10.5 256Gb Space Gray directly from Apple, however I'm in Portugal and a member of my family living in the US is going to bring it to me (pickup in store option).
She doesn't understand much of technology so I would like to ask you, if I face any problems with the iPad, if I can return it for a new one (within the 14 day from picked up in store), here in Portugal.
I think their warranty is worldwide if I'm not mistaken..

Thanks in advance!

Last year I had a Apple Superdrive which burned-out but was covered by my Apple Care on my Mac Mini(Late 2014). So, I took it to a Apple Authorized Dealer here in Costa Rica because we have no Apple Stores. They verified my Applecare by contacting Apple Customer Service in the USA and they replaced it with a brand new Apple Super Drive within one(1) week.

Reactions: Jervasio

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
Warranty is for repairs! For exchange you will have to go into the same store and same country.

clukas

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
Yup, the replies above are correct. Warranty is world wide, but returns have to be made in the same country.

Jervasio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2016
Yup, the replies above are correct. Warranty is world wide, but returns have to be made in the same country.

Thanks everyone for the clarification, but I don't mean return for no reason, I mean return if there's any problem with it, like dead pixels.. in that case it enters in the worldwide warranty department, right?
I will be able to receive a new one in Portugal in that case, correct?

clukas

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
Thanks everyone for the clarification, but I don't mean return for no reason, I mean return if there's any problem with it, like dead pixels.. in that case it enters in the worldwide warranty department, right?
I will be able to receive a new one in Portugal in that case, correct?

So you would be able to carry out a warranty claim on the device. You would not be able to go to an Apple Store and return the device for your money back. As the device is brand new and Apple doesn't have stock of refurbished devices its most likely you would get a new one, or they would offer a repair instead. Which is more likely only, Apple could answer that. You can always give them a call and ask.

Reactions: Jervasio
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.