iPad Scratched on Corners RIGHT out of packaging? This NOrmal?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iLikeTurtles!, Jul 17, 2012.

1. iLikeTurtles! macrumors 6502

They dont llook liek scratches , maybe like wear marks.

its my new ipad black 32gb LTE.

Is this normal or should I request an exchange?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Ask for an exchange. Or live with it. $500 (or more) can feed some kid in some third/fourth world country for a year.

3. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

This isn't normal, it looks like it might just rub off, but i guess it won't?

4. Rodster macrumors 68040

On the first pic I saw a slight mark, no biggie. The second pic I saw nothing, sorry. Why did I say no biggie? Because I have one of those marks on my iPad 3 and I kept it. Even a slight blemish can not get in the way of iPad awesomeness :D

Buy a Folio case for it or stuff it in an Apple Smart Case and you'll forget about it. That's what I did, out of sight out of mind. ;)

5. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I have that exact same mark in exactly the same place on my own iPad. I assumed it was caused by my case when I first noticed it, but now I'm not so sure.

Anyway, if it bugs you enough to post a picture about it and you are still in the return/exchange window then I'd go ahead and swap it out for another retail boxed unit.

6. iLikeTurtles! thread starter macrumors 6502

I noticed the marks occurred on the corners where the clear packaging doesn't cover the corners in the box. I'm concerned the next would could be worse :s.

I ordered it online too

7. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

It really is a problem that's not happening often. (I think, since i can't speak for all people in the world.)

8. iLikeTurtles! thread starter macrumors 6502

Really? Do u have iPad?

9. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I got that on mine too. Didn't bother with it though because it probably would've Happened anyways and wasn't worth the extra wait time

10. iLikeTurtles! thread starter macrumors 6502

Like exactly like mine? How many?

11. Arkious macrumors 6502a

Arkious

mine had no marks when i bought it, but i put a decorative leather/plastic smart cover/hard shell on it when i bought it. now i get dirty black marks that appear every so often but they just rub off. i have a very light mark in the corner but who cares, it goes back in the cover and looks lush! ^.^

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-Sli...K_iPad_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item19cec849ad

best £13 i spent tbh :) does the same as the smart cover, feels and looks amazing and has the added benefit of it being a lot cheaper! it also has a nice microfiber interior that keeps the ipad safe. its corner to corner so doesnt obstruct any of the glass at all. its has never came out accidently either.

But i would really really advise you to get one

12. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

I'm going to buy one soon. Look at this forum, you really see a ton of a people here talking about what their new iPad's problem was. I really don't see many people talking about scratches in the corners, but i can't speak for the whole world so yeah.

13. iLikeTurtles! thread starter macrumors 6502

Would u recommend I exchange mine for a new one?

14. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

why would you ask random people what to do about it? does it bother YOU? are you expecting to hear some rational reason to support returning it? if it were a huge deep scratch, it could effect resale value. it's not a huge deep scratch. the only rational reason to return it is if it bothers YOU.

15. iLikeTurtles! thread starter macrumors 6502

My concern the next one would be same or worse

16. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

No biggie in my opinion, and I'd keep it. Who knows what worse and real issues you might see in a replacement.

BTW, this (as are all iPad concerns) is a valid question to ask on this forum.

17. iLikeTurtles! thread starter macrumors 6502

Well it's und 14 days so the replacement wouldbe a retailed new boxed one

18. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

Hopefully so. But when I went back to the Apple Store to exchange mine due to a small light leak after about 7 days from purchase, they brought out a brown box version. I then opted to keep my original retail version.

But give it a try, and see what they offer.

19. iLikeTurtles! thread starter macrumors 6502

Well it was also purchased online lol does that make a difference?

20. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

That's a good question. You could go to an Apple Store to exchange, even if purchased online (I believe).

21. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

my god dude....seriously? i can barely see anything and it obviously has NOTHING to do with the ipad performance. it's 100% a vanity thing on your part. you have issues if you want to return it over something as miniscule as this.

22. iLikeTurtles! thread starter macrumors 6502

Would u buy a car with a scratch on it?

It's a 800 dollar device, and from apple I should expect it to be perfect no?

23. nelly29 macrumors member

24. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

if the "scratch" was as MINISCULE as you so point out in your photos....and the "scratch" doesn't impact the functinality of my car....then YES I would buy the car.

dear god, it's barely noticable dude. get a clue. use the ipad and enjoy it!

25. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

I side with OP. I wouldn't buy a new car with a scratch, and I doubt anyone here would for that kind of money. Same thing applies to expensive products from Apple.