iPad screen scatched! what next?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jigmeister, Nov 5, 2011.

1. jigmeister macrumors member

Hi I just cleaned my ipad screen with a micro fibre cloth...just because it was a little greasy..i think it caused a scratch.. absolutely gutted...looked after it and i manage to scratch it whilst cleaning it.

Should i just buy a replacement glass off ebay? I managed to fit a new screen to my 3gs that way.

Can I choose white rather than that black i currently have?

has anyone else replaced there screen and was it difficult?:(

2. Atamagaii macrumors newbie

Firstly, my condolences! The first scratch on an Apple device is always painful. To this day, I still remember watching my brand new iPhone 4 sliding in slow motion out of my pocket as I got out of my car, and clattering onto the road. A few decent grazes here and there, but no broken glass, thankfully. For weeks, I sunk into depression and locked myself in the house (okay, that was hyperbole, but you get the idea), and actually considered paying $250 for a replacement. But in the end, I thought about the starving children in the third world and learned to live with it :p.

Accidents will happen, but I figure that a device is there to be used, and the $50 or so that you might lose in resale value is not worth entombing your sexy device in a bulky protective case.

I leave you with this to ponder: #firstworldproblems :rolleyes:

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Microfiber's good to use but you have to make sure it's clean and free of objects that will scratch.

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Just leave it like that. The replacements glass are probably not OEM quality.

5. Nokaoi macrumors regular

r/firstworldproblems:D

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Whoa hold your horses. It's a scratch. Don't go spending a lot of money to fix something as insignificant as a scratch. You're going to get more anyways (basic truth). Not to mention, you'll void your warranty by replacing the glass.

I was a bit upset about a scratch on my iPhone and I was like "OMG what am I going to do????" but then I gave it sometime and now it doesn't bother me. I was likely to get more scratches anyways.

7. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Just live with it these things happen. Even if you did replace the glass what if that got scratched are you going to keep spending money to the replace the glass every time you get a scratch.

8. screce macrumors newbie

small scratch did not serious affect on your using of ipad, imo,. it woud be good foe you to leave it that way..

9. Shadyriley macrumors 6502

If its a deep scratch I would get it fixed iT would bother me too much

10. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

Buy a screen protector, it'll help hide the scratch and prevent any more.