Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Bam!!!

IMAGE00013.jpg

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
All they have where I live is 16's and I want a 32 so it looks like its apple for me. What size did you get OP?

Blakjack

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2009
Scored!! 12:40am Tallahassee FL, Tennessee st branch. From what I saw, looked to only have around 6-8 of them. No high gigs. Bought first one.

whateverandever

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2006
Baltimore
Tried two Walmarts. Lansdowne, MD and Glen Burnie, MD. One was only selling iPads at the Wireless center (which was closed until 9am). The other claimed they weren't in stock yet.

Honestly, though, the employees aren't the brightest. Chances are good they were in the back.

pocketpenguin

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2012
One of three walmart stores in my town had them in stock. Unfortunately, they had only one 32gig wifi and four 16gig wifi's. No LTE models. No sale for me. Guess I'll try Target or best buy in the morning, or just order online direct from apple.

I don't think that Apple has good stock on these things. For the ipad 3 launch each walmart had 10, 5 were base 16gig and 5 were att 64gig.

I predict supply will be severely constrained on the air. I hate to think of how tight supplies of the new mini will be...

Powrie

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
I called the three 24 hour walmarts within driving distance of me and 2 of them acted like they never heard of the ipad Air before in their life.

And when I told them they were supposed to be available today they said they have not seen them and they dont have them.

The other walmart had me call back at 12, and when I did they said the General Manager must have them locked up because the Electronics guy couldn't find them.

Last edited:

Captain Rufus

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2013
My local one had them in stock. (In back room. They don't even put existing ones in the display cabinet because someone tried to crowbar it open and steal the things in the past!) Their computer refused to acknowledge the thing exists. They even called a manager who couldn't figure out why it wasn't working.

I figured it was time related or something and left empty handed. Which sucks because I probably won't have the time to even go buy one much less ENJOY it till like Tuesday afternoon.

Maybe it is a sign from up high that I shouldn't have one or should at least wait till whenever Target throws in a gift card of 30-50 bucks when you buy an iPad and get it then. :(

darabo

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2013
My local one had them in stock. (In back room. They don't even put existing ones in the display cabinet because someone tried to crowbar it open and steal the things in the past!) Their computer refused to acknowledge the thing exists. They even called a manager who couldn't figure out why it wasn't working.

I figured it was time related or something and left empty handed. Which sucks because I probably won't have the time to even go buy one much less ENJOY it till like Tuesday afternoon.

Maybe it is a sign from up high that I shouldn't have one or should at least wait till whenever Target throws in a gift card of 30-50 bucks when you buy an iPad and get it then. :(

Are you sure about the gift card promotion? Do you have a link to it?

Prolif1k

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2009
Can anyone help me out with getting their iPad Air "into the system"? My Wal-Mart has a few for sale and two employees are trying to sell it to me, but the bar code is not working at all. And yes, they are using the correct bar code and even tried all three just to see if it would work.

They said nobody told them they need to wait until the morning to sell them so I dunno.

Captain Rufus

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2013
Are you sure about the gift card promotion? Do you have a link to it?

Its not NOW. Target just tends to have these gift card deals every few months.

Which means I could save up for the unit instead of putting it on credit card which is probably smarter anyhow.

Sorry for the confusion. I did say "Maybe it is a sign from up high that I shouldn't have one or should at least wait till whenever Target throws in a gift card of 30-50 bucks when you buy an iPad and get it then. " however...

Last edited:

Captain Rufus

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2013
Can anyone help me out with getting their iPad Air "into the system"? My Wal-Mart has a few for sale and two employees are trying to sell it to me, but the bar code is not working at all. And yes, they are using the correct bar code and even tried all three just to see if it would work.

They said nobody told them they need to wait until the morning to sell them so I dunno.

Same issue I had. Guess it means you aren't getting one either.

djuzi

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2013
Went to 6 different Wal-Marts in Houston (I wanted to beat the system)

2 said they never heard of them.
1 said they'll get them in 3 weeks
2 showed me a piece of paper that said they can't sell them until 8 am
1 actually brought it out and tried to ring it up, but couldn't get it to checkout.

You win tonight Apple (shakes fist in the air) :mad:

Congrats to those who got them :cool:

diegosilang

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
Anyone have an item number for one I can have my walmart check?

Congrats to all you guys that got theirs early, im jealous :p

Anyway, can anyone share the sku or item number so that some of us could check our local Wallys inventory please:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.