Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
I wonder what the next revision will bring?

Camera?

Retina Display?

As a photographer I would love to see an iPad with that Retina display, it looks soooo good on my iPhone 4.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Only get 3G if you're constantly going to use it on the go, away from home and away from a wireless router.

3G can come in handy for the occasional use - if you go on a trip, or if you, like me, leave the house once or twice a week. You can turn on a data plan only while on a trip, or sign up for the less expensive plan. Having 3G adds more convenience for the way you use your iPad. Whether or not that's worth the extra $130 is a matter of personal choice.

jmitch150

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
Boston, MA
After getting the iPhone 4, I am going to wait for an update with the Retina Display. Although I don't think the screen on the iPad is that much worse, I just don't want it bad enough to not wait for the update.

jfyrfytr25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2008
After getting the iPhone 4, I am going to wait for an update with the Retina Display. Although I don't think the screen on the iPad is that much worse, I just don't want it bad enough to not wait for the update.

There has been some talk about what it would take to bring the retina display to the iPad. The general consensus was: with the size of the iPad display, bringing it up to over a 320dpi would cause that display to cost a samll fortune with today's tech. So, I would not hold my breath and allow that to be the deciding factor on whether or not to wait.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Post a link where is noted that the iPad will get a Retina Display or is this just the typical FUD passed around for the sake of making a post?

Why would someone saying the iPad will be getting a RD be "FUD"? I can see this spreading Uncertainty, but I would classify 95% of the posts on here as spreading this. It's a rumor site, after all.

PerfSeeker

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
No point in waiting as there will be no retina display. Now if you are planning on wanting to do FaceTime with other iPad owners, then yeah wait until next year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.