iPad Smart Cover ?

insomnie

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2010
:eek:

I know that I want a smart cover, I can't decide which one to get. The green polyurethane?

or maybe a black leather one?

What did you order?

GoGa

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2012
I got the green one last year with my iPad 2 and regretted it after a few months as it was getting dirty very easily so I got the black leather one to replace it and it's perfect! I would defiantly recommend that one.

Lone Deranger

macrumors 68000
Apr 23, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
The Apple store makes mention that the colour of the leather cases might rub off. Has anybody experienced this? I’d like to get a RED case for my white iPad, but don’t want to end up with pink smears on my shiny new gadget. :eek:

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
I have the grey one, because that was all I could find in stores back when the iPad 2 had just been released. I really want to get a red one now, but the price is hard to justify.

Karmak

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
I ordered the navy leather for the white iPad. Clear Belkin shell on the back side when they come out.

Jason S.

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
I had an orange poly cover on my iPad 2, and I liked it. Stayed fairly clean. I kept it and will use it when I get my new iPad. I also ordered a tan leather Smart Cover from eBay and am expecting it tomorrow or Monday.

EIGHTYTHREE

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2012
The Apple store makes mention that the colour of the leather cases might rub off. Has anybody experienced this? I’d like to get a RED case for my white iPad, but don’t want to end up with pink smears on my shiny new gadget. :eek:
I had red leather on my white ipad2 for a year, not one single problem. You will love it. Only thing is, say if you get a wet droplet speck on it, don't rub it, it will smear on the leather and make it look worse. just let it naturally air dry. Don't try to clean it by rubbing it either. Just let it be natural. The leather ones, Red and Black are the nicest imo.

tbobmccoy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2007
Austin, TX
I ordered the Light Blue Polyurethane..

I think it works best with the white iPad.

/opinion
I had the blue one, and was unimpressed. If you really like baby blue, then it's good. I'm going with black on white iPad, leather this time around. Less dirt, hopefully!

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
Save a cow, get the polyurethane. It saves you money too and will probably hold up better.

Lone Deranger

macrumors 68000
Apr 23, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
I had red leather on my white ipad2 for a year, not one single problem. You will love it. Only thing is, say if you get a wet droplet speck on it, don't rub it, it will smear on the leather and make it look worse. just let it naturally air dry. Don't try to clean it by rubbing it either. Just let it be natural. The leather ones, Red and Black are the nicest imo.
That’s sound advice. Thank you Sir!

PaulNY

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
When iPad 2 first launched I bought the poly blue, and then a few weeks later the black leather....I dont like the way the black leather held up. The texture feels different, and it shows scuffs in the leather easily. A few weeks ago I bought the 'new' gray poly, I like the way it looks and feels so far.

MrJay23

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
I ordered the white iPad with a gray smart cover,
Looking to get the clear frost smart feather when it's available

maxsquared

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2009
I current have a white iPad 2 with grey, red and green(the new version)

I would say leather is definitely better than the poly one, and the red+white is the best combination.

I just got a new black iPad, and planning to buy a navy cover.