Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EssentialParado

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2005
Reason 3: Just for the kicks of it and to show the folks in Cupertino the middle finger. You know, like installing Mac OS X on a PC, only this time we break Apple's tiny Walled Garden and put the competitor's software on their precious little digital prison.

Well, no. It's closer to putting Windows on a Mac. Which Apple doesn't prevent. I think if you buy an iPad and put Android on it, Apple wouldnt careless that much; I actually think they might quietly laugh at you for doing it. It would be like buying a Luxury car and tearing out the leather upholstery and putting budget seats in it.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Why would one disgrace the iPad by running such a crappy OS like Android on it? :eek: :confused:

When's the last time you tried the OS? Probably never or you wouldn't make such an inane comment. :rolleyes:

I'd love to get froyo on my iPad.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
When's the last time you tried the OS? Probably never or you wouldn't make such an inane comment. :rolleyes:

I'd love to get froyo on my iPad.

I have a X running 2.2 as my work phone and while not crappy by a long stretch its really nothing to write home about. The only thing it does that I want on an i device is Flash and the built in Google Nav. Gingerbread is supposed to be really nice and polished and I'd be interested in that, but I have no compulsion to run Froyo on an iPad.

Coukos34

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
Geez....whats with all the negativity in this thread?:rolleyes: Since when is having more choices a bad thing? It's all for fun and if I could boot up Froyo on my iPad to use some flash here and there when needed, i don't understand why that is such a bad thing. Sure it will prob be buggy, but it's the coolness factor (and geek in me) that would def enjoy the option.

Mitchrapp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2010
Geez....whats with all the negativity in this thread?:rolleyes: Since when is having more choices a bad thing? It's all for fun and if I could boot up Froyo on my iPad to use some flash here and there when needed, i don't understand why that is such a bad thing. Sure it will prob be buggy, but it's the coolness factor (and geek in me) that would def enjoy the option.

Agree. Personally I love the Android OS. And having more options is always better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.