ipad usb?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by prboy120, Feb 1, 2010.

1. prboy120 macrumors newbie

does the ipad have a usb port to use an iphon eon it isnt it suppose to b like a labtop shoiuldnt it have itunes and usb so i can plug my iphone to add music and also can u download normal things like ares and things like that

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Tech Specs

The iPad is not a laptop computer like a MBP

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, it uses a proprietary connector and cable so you can connect the iPad to a computer. I suspect in similar fashion as connecting an iPod (or iPhone) to a computer.

4. prboy120 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah but say i wanted to upload music to my iphone i couldnt use i ipad right?

5. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

No. You would need a common host computer. The iPad is just a larger iPod touch/iPhone.

6. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

No you cannot.

7. CaCohen0509 macrumors regular

CaCohen0509

8. prboy120 thread starter macrumors newbie

i say to anyone that gets an ipad is really dumb just wait till apple relizies dey need to update it n put things u can use on it im getting a netbook

9. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Good luck and enjoy your netbook

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

10. macduke Suspended

macduke

I fully expect this functionality to be built into future iPad updates. As for plugging things in, you can connect your camera to it with the camera connection kit and download your photos onto it. I also suspect there will be many companies in the future selling add-ons to make it easier to get things into it. I've already got one really good idea for an iPad app that extends it's functionality using the built-in blue-tooth.

11. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

12. Ka Ora! macrumors regular

It runs on ICBM's as well with enough hacking. I would not hang around if it got a virus though.

13. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

iPad was never meant as a laptop... also, netbook? Luck with that. Specially a Win 7 flavored one... awful crippled and slow.

14. fobfob macrumors 6502

I hope it comes with a spell checker.

15. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Well played good sir, well played.:D

16. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Ok, first off, saying people are dumb if they choose to get an iPad is not really kosher. Secondly, saying someone is dumb in a thread replete with spelling and grammar errors is irony at its best :D

While the iPad can be considered a large iPod touch in some ways, apple has extended its capabilities and functionality. That functionality may not suite you and maybe a laptop is a better choice but apple never stated or directed the iPad as a laptop replacement. That said, just because it doesn't fit your needs doesn't mean it doesn't fit everyone's needs. I want one, and I'm not dumb.

17. zapp macrumors regular

zapp

True, I remember Steve's Powerpoint....I mean Keynote.... when he was showing an iPhone...a big empty space....and a Macbook. He stated that "we think there is room for something in between". It is not rocket science, it isn't an iPhone, or a laptop, it is something ........wonderful .......

18. Gymgenius Suspended

:D
    I've just sold my netbook to kick off my iPad fund! Perhap's there'll be market flooded with out of date looking netbooks around the end of March!