iPad Volume Controls

thecoolone1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
I just picked up an iPad today at my local Apple Store and I noticed when I press and HOLD the volume controls up it goes up one by one like an iPhone but when I press and HOLD the volume control down then it goes down a couple of notches then automatically goes to mute. Anyone else notice this problem or is it just me? I would appreciate if you could check!

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I just picked up an iPad today at my local Apple Store and I noticed when I press and HOLD the volume controls up it goes up one by one like an iPhone but when I press and HOLD the volume control down then it goes down a couple of notches then automatically goes to mute. Anyone else notice this problem or is it just me? I would appreciate if you could check!
Normal. It's so you can effectively mute it more quickly.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
It's a "workaround" since they changed the switch from a Mute switch to the Rotation Lock.

I think it should take more than 2 clicks to mute though...seems a little too fast.

Zan5hin

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2010
Just got my iCrack......

Wondering if anyone running 4.2 beta can check, now that the rotation lock is become a mute switch, does the volume down still act like this or does it go down incrementally?