Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPad Wi-Fi + 3G Pre-Orders Now Shipping in U.S.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Just one day before they are due to arrive in customers' hands around the United States, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G pre-orders are finally beginning to see mass shipping confirmations from Apple. As noted yesterday[/url], shipments had been staged in various locations around the country, enabling the rapid delivery times.

Several customers have reported that their orders are shipping via standard overnight service, with delivery scheduled to occur before 3:00 PM. Those who have not pre-ordered but are looking to pick up a 3G-capable iPad can attempt to secure one when they go on sale in retail stores at 5:00 PM tomorrow.

Article Link: iPad Wi-Fi + 3G Pre-Orders Now Shipping in U.S.

VanWilder1313

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2010
Seattle, WA
I'm hoping that my conformation shows up today. I definitely have been more excited about this device then anything I can remember. Not sure if I could bear the stress of having to wait any longer than Friday. This week has already CRAWLED by! :p

Comment

impierced

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2002
I received mine around 30 min ago via FedEx direct from China, even though the shipping said expected delivery date of 5/3.

iPad 3G 64GB

About to unpack it now.

Comment

mysticbluebmw

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2009
Nothing yet, but I'm sure all who have the late April shipping listed will have theirs tomorrow. I miss having an iPad, I returned my wi-fi 2 weeks ago and it's been such a long 2 weeks!

Comment

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
is this 3G thing even popular? I mean any way of gauging how many people pre-ordered it compared to wifi?

Comment

gajoey

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2008
Augusta, GA
Mine still says not yet shipped (64G 3g), ships late April, I guess technically tomorrow is still late April. I hope it ships soon though. Called apple support this morning too just to make sure there weren't any problems and they said that everything was fine and it would ship late april. He said the status would update when the carrier picked it up and updated their system.

Comment

boazii

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2009
What?? not possible!!

I received mine around 30 min ago via FedEx direct from China, even though the shipping said expected delivery date of 5/3.

iPad 3G 64GB

About to unpack it now.

You received you iPad today???
I ordered mine on 3/13 all it says is that the iPad is "Prepered for shippment"... not even tracking info yet :mad:

Comment

Mark Booth

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2008
There should be plenty of 3G iPads available in retail stores. After all, about 7 million people here on the forum and around the web have sworn that they've cancelled their orders and/or won't be buying one as planned because of how upset they are with Apple over the prototype iPhone situation. :rolleyes:

[sarcasm off]

Mark

Comment

rick.spence

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2007

iPad 3G 64GB

About to unpack it now.

When you get it setup, could you please see if netflix will stream over 3G, or other media streaming apps???

Comment

f00f

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2009
New Yawk
This is awesome for the early pre-orderers. Looking forward to the feedback regarding Wifi performance with these models (i.e. if the 3G models suffer from the same Wifi issues or not).

I put in an order for a 64GB 3G iPad on the 19th, as well as for the camera kit. My CC hasn't even been charged yet! It's weird that the camera kit hasn't shipped (considering it's in stock in stores) and even weirder that it ships after the ipad! :confused:

UPDATE: My bad. The CC has been charged on the 27th. How I missed that one is beyond me. :p

Hope everyone has made sense of the 3G pricing plans! ;)

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 149
Comment

rick.spence

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2007
This is awesome for the early pre-orderers. Looking forward to the feedback regarding Wifi performance with these models (i.e. if the 3G models suffer from the same Wifi issues or not).

I put in an order for a 64GB 3G iPad on the 19th, as well as for the camera kit. My CC hasn't even been charged yet! It's weird that the camera kit hasn't shipped (considering it's in stock in stores) and even weirder that it ships after the ipad! :confused:

Hope everyone has made sense of the 3G pricing plans! ;)

I picked up a camera kit for my wifes yesterday at the bethesda Apple shop..

Comment

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
I got my shipment notice recently. Tomorrow can't come soon enough!!

Comment

Full of Win

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2007
Ask Apple
Woo Hoo, I'm part of the Shipping Club. Picked up a Camera Kit yesterday at the local Apple Store. Now all I need is a case, to bad the 'good ones' are on preorder. Reminds me of the situation when the iPhone shipped in 2007.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-04-29 at 8.56.49 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-04-29 at 8.56.49 AM.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 2,306
Comment

scoobydoo99

Cancelled
Mar 11, 2003
big whoop

so, Apple is shipping products to arrive on the day we all expected....

this is news why?

Comment

ctdonath

macrumors 65832
Mar 11, 2009
is this 3G thing even popular?
I can't imagine it not being popular. Methinks more people are waiting to jump on the 3G version than bought the WiFi. The driving point for some :))) is the always-connected, always-on capability. For a device which is so very portable (no "parking" like a laptop, setting it on a lap/desk), not requiring a nearby router seems vital.

5pm tomorrow can't come fast enough...

Comment

italiancousin

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2010
I ordered a 64g 3G on the first day of preordering.

Got my shipping confirmation last night around 2:30am.

Apple.com says "shipped on April 29th" but FEDEX says shipped on April 28th. Fedex shows estimated delivery date of TODAY by 4:30pm.

Stranger things have happened, yes? Do you think I should expect this today?

Comment

kites0852

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2010
Rural Midwest USA
Not shipped or shown yet

I pre-ordered the iPad 64G 3G +Wi-Fi on 13 April and my status showed Tuesday night that it had been "packaged" for shipping. As of right now, it still shows the same status. No update to show it was shipped.

I live very rural and FEDEX barely delivers here when something ships. In fact, they have NOT delivered a package solely because it "wasn't due to be delivered yet" even though it was on the truck for delivery.

I am hoping it ships sometime today from close by or I will be forced to wait for delivery until next week.

I do have the iPad Wi-Fi only to play with in the meantime, however....

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.