[iPad] Your New iPad have this? Bleed on top??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by supernet33, Mar 20, 2012.

1. supernet33 macrumors regular

It's on top of the screen and only when I look under the glass I can see this...

Is this normal or should I exchange it?

Attached Files:

2. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

Same exact issue I had. Except mine was a little bit worse; my light bleed ran full from left edge to right edge.

Mine was immediately replaced for me, and I got a brand new one with no issues. I'd suggest you do the same.

3. Yumikogirl macrumors newbie

4. AppChat macrumors regular

So is this how you use ur iPad ? By looking at it at a steep angle?lol

5. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Now that you mention it, I've never even looked at it from that angle...

I'll check it out tonight and will post 12 threads about it if I find something remotely similar!

6. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

He just bought an iPad for 499 dollars or more, don't you think that he should look for problems? What if that screen gets worse and worse and he cant' blame it on Apple?

7. Orlandu macrumors 6502

Orlandu

Mine has a very small bleed through at a steep angle along the top, which it's never viewed from that angle during use anyway. I won't return it unless it gets worse. All the other sides are fine.

Attached Files:

8. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I agree, you should give everything you buy that costs a decent amount of money a "once over".

Some people seem to go to great lenghts to find issues and some come on here and read about "possible" issues (planting it in their head) and then are far more likely to "find" these issues on their new devices.

9. Lone Deranger macrumors 65816

Lone Deranger

Nope. Don’t have it. Nor on the sides or at the bottom. No matter what angle I hold the iPad at. It’s perfect.

10. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I just checked the top and bottom (didn't look at the sides) and didn't see anything like what your pic shows. I'd take it back in!

11. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Yours looks really bad. I have slight light leak but it's only by the top power button and can't be noticed in dark room or at even sharp viewing angles or when watching a movie.

You can only see it when it's tilted on its edge, which there's no reason for me to use at that angle. I'm not returning mine.

12. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

I have this too at the top of my iPad but its not quite as large and is only seen when i tilt the iPad at an extreme angle that I would never use at anyways. I would like to understand what the cause of this is before I determine if it is something I should return and replace for.

So long as this is not something where the screen is detatching I will keep it since I will never notice it. If however this is something that over time will get worse and create uneven lighting I might bring it back in.

Right now I am fine with it due to the fact that this screen is clean (no uneven lighting or stuck pixels).

13. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

Try watching a movie on an iPad with a massive light bleed. Or better yet, try watching it at night. It's incredibly frustrating.

I give all my major purchases a quick quality control once-over, because I want to spend my money wisely. I know that there are potential factory defects that can be replaced or covered by the company that I purchased from.

I don't "settle" for issues, I resolve them.

14. supernet33 thread starter macrumors regular

They replaced mine.. They opened up 2 other ones before they found a good one.

15. Supra Mac macrumors regular

Hopefully they refurbs these soon and they actually go through QC.

16. AppChat macrumors regular

Do u think it's worth the extra cost and monthly expensive for the lte model?

17. badpinoy macrumors regular

18. supernet33 thread starter macrumors regular

Turn on the ipad and look under the glass

19. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    This. Mine has a small leak about the size of two pin heads. I doesn't affect the picture at all and I only noticed it when tilting the iPad at an extreme angle. I'll keep it for now.

20. It'sMyPrecious macrumors regular

I turned mine on to max brightness and took a picture of it in a dark room with my iPhone camera.

[​IMG]

And if I view a completely black image on maximum brightness, you can see some of the light bleed here...and strange patches of orange.

[​IMG]

21. AppChat macrumors regular

do u notice it under normal usage? prob not

22. droeun macrumors member

That's horrible, take it back now. I've dropped mine (luckily on carpet) and its still completely sealed all the way around even when checked on max brightness in a dark room.

My ipad2 developed light leak after i accidentally dropped it (I'm clumsy).

23. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

Depends on what you need, really. To me, it's worth it, because I'm constantly on the go and I carry my iPad with me everywhere. Plus, I more or less have LTE throughout the city, so it's very helpful.

24. fredsarran macrumors 6502

fredsarran

My iPad have this issue, Apple is send me a new one.

25. AppChat macrumors regular

like its not the 129 extra im concerned about, its the monthly cost. the fact ta 15 bucks a month for only 250mb doesnt sound like a whole lot.

i also have a 4s and macbook pro.