iPad3 - No Home Button: Evidence.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Fraaaa, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Fraaaa macrumors 65816

Fraaaa

I went CSI, with my limited skills and I present my evidence:

Everyone says: The picture is in landscape and that is the reason of why there is no button.

So I checked pictures in landscape and noticed that if you have 6 icons in landscape mode on the dock, you will realised that the space between the apps would be more than the picture shown if you use the app size as reference.

So here a picture of a 5 icons in landscape and if you check that reflection wave on the dock you will notice that it touches close to the end of the bezel of the left app. However, in the original picture you will notice that would be close to the begin of the bezel.

So I checked as well a portrait with 4 and 5 docked icons. The 4 icons one passes the app icon and we actually have a match with the 5 icons on the portrait mode and the home button should be just below the maps app.

Moreover, if you would cut the picture as the original shot, only in the 5 portrait you would cut the dot index out of the frame.

Probably someone already pointed out, but if not, notice the selection of the apps: Maps(Cupertino), Calendar(7th), Keynote.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If someone could get a shot in the same way with the same background and apps, having 5 icons in portrait mode(maps, calendar, keynote should be the last three), would make it easier to see.

2. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

www.LittleBitOfApple.co.uk has done a similar thing.
    Portrait, with the dots above the app, would mean a home button is under Maps....

We'll see.

3. SammyDFG macrumors member

Would be interesting to see the results of this.

Nice work so far.

4. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

Maybe the iPad in apples invite is just upside down.

5. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

I thought that, but the Wallpaper wouldn't be.
    Yes, Apple could of changed the orientation of the wallpaper, but that's borderline misleading.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Couldn't they have just taken the photo with the iPad's UI in upsidedown portrait mode and use Photoshop to remove the front camera to keep that "flawless Apple look"?

7. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

The wallpaper rotates along with the apps. And his finger could be covering the camera very easily.

8. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Its not an actual unaltered photograph. Its been photoshopped

9. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

What makes you say that?

10. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Just a hunch ;)

11. Apple Guy3 macrumors newbie

What advantage/use would it serve to not have a home button?:confused: Is there any advantage to not having one, as I love the home button. Easy to find and since I have fat fingers, I would prefer the home button.

Thoughts anyone?

12. gadget123 macrumors 68000

Has any of the leaked images shown a home button?

I hope they keep the home button.

13. iPad-Lover macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Sorry but they won't get rid of the home button, that's the button that distinguishes between a normal tablet/phone and a apple one if you see where I am coming from. They want to make it clear it's apple and if you had a iphone/ipad with no button it can be misleading to the 'non-tech' community

14. gadget123 macrumors 68000

It's probably to get people talking taking the photo that way around.

I turned my Ipad around and you could easily take a picture in the same way as the one for the press event. Now there's no camera button so clearly it's been taken about the start of the Ipad hiding the middle camera button from view. Presumably as it will have HD cameras and they might not want to give that away.

What it confirms is it looks like an Ipad 2 but with a retina.

----------

Well don't you feel the apple home button is as much a part of Apple devices as the famous slide to unlock one? How many phones copied the Iphone with a circle button?

15. gadget123 macrumors 68000

16. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

They will eventually get rid of the home button. I never use mine, and i know a lot of other people who dont. It would look cleaner and simple, very Apple.

17. Carl Sagan macrumors 6502a

Carl Sagan

Maybe they photoshopped it just to **** with everyone knowing that they'd be talking about this in hyper detail and generating buzz in advance of the event?

18. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

To be honest it was probably just an oversight. We will see. Not long now.

19. gadget123 macrumors 68000

They could take the picture at an angle missing the camera in the middle so they don't need photoshop.

20. darknyt macrumors 6502a

Okay, admittedly I'm overcoming the 4 o'clock sleepies, but how do you "never use" the home button?

How you back out of apps? I'm using mine ALL the time, as I expect it is meant to be.

I get hoping for an alternative, but not using the current one?

Enlighten us.

21. gadget123 macrumors 68000

We will see. Some rumours suggest it but with Apple recently making the volume key a camera button don't be too surprised if we see a proper camera button on the next generation Iphone.

We don't need keys but we need buttons. Get rid and enjoy a frustrating device I mean what if it crashes and you can't do a hard reset? :rolleyes:

22. diamornte macrumors regular

If it were upside down, wouldn't we be seeing the FaceTime camera?

23. Fraaaa thread starter macrumors 65816

Fraaaa

So, are you saying that the home button is iconic, yet, you sustain that Apple got rid of it in from the image....why? :confused:

I believe that the home button is iconic too, yet the picture says otherwise to me. Beside, I'm just assuming.

24. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Erm, with iOS 5, if you have turned gestures turned on you can do a 5 finger grab to get out of apps, this is really old news, keep up. Consider yourself enlightened.