iPad IPadOS mouse & Smart Keyboard not functioning together

Discussion in 'iOS 13' started by maciver59, Jul 19, 2019.

1. maciver59 macrumors newbie

maciver59

Does anyone face the same issue? I’ve no problems connecting any mouse to my iPad (whatever bêta release) but once I try to use the Smart Keyboard while the mouse is functioning then I can’t use the keyboard (chaotic behavior). Changing the mouse doesn’t help.
    I’d really appreciate your support.
    Thx

2. maciver59 thread starter macrumors newbie

maciver59

3. Tom G. macrumors 68020

Tom G.

I’ve noticed when using a mouse with my Smart keyboard that the on screen keyboard does not go away. Therefore you have a great deal of onscreen real estate that you can’t use.

4. Chrisd999 macrumors newbie

Chrisd999

I’m using the apple smart keyboard with my logitech bluetooth mouse at the same time, no issues. I’m on the public beta ipadOS that was updated about 10 days or so ago (not the most recent oone from 2 days ago). Yes, the soft keyboard pops up while im inputting text on the hardware keyboard, but then goes away when not inputting text, so no big deal.

5. clubtech macrumors member

There’s a setting to disable that under accessibility so that the on screen keyboard won’t show up when using the mouse.

6. Tom G. macrumors 68020

Tom G.

I found that, it’s called “Show Onscreen Keyboard. It’s default is on, and you want it off when using a Smart Keyboard. Thanks.