iPads with a perfect screen - possible?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gusnyc, Mar 30, 2011.

1. gusnyc, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011

gusnyc macrumors 6502

Hi everybody,

I was going to get an iPad 2 (to upgrade my IPad 1) but I got concerned reading all the complains about the screen bleeding and other defects. I haven't found a thread talking about perfect iPads.

Is it possible to find iPads 2 with good screens or should I wait another month to see if this issue is resolved?. I know people tend to post complains more than the people you are completely satisfied, but it seems that there are more faulty than good ones.

Suggestions?

Gus
    PS, please excuse my English. I am still working on it.

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Scared of what? Think hard about the times in your life when you've actually been honest to goodness scared. I'm sure an iPad had nothing to do with it, or any luxury gadget for that matter

Just buy an iPad. Will be perfect? You won't know til you open the box. No one knows if every iPad they make from next month on will be perfect.

The questions people ask around here sometimes....

3. gusnyc thread starter macrumors 6502

Mcdj, thanks for your useless reply. I changed "scared" for "concerned".

Don't worry, I don't need to take anti-anxiety medication for my feelings about the iPad, but given you got so upset, you may try to get some.

I am just asking if there are people out there who got iPads without issues. No need to be so frisky about my question.

Thanks again darling.

4. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

The only problem with my screen is a slight light leak above the home button. It's only noticeable in a pitch black room, so I'm not terribly concerned.

5. FilipH macrumors regular

Mine is perfect, and i'm surely not the only one so ...

edit : I also believe, as does my wife, that the screen is actually a bit better (brighter? more shiny?) then the one in the ipad1. It's not a huge difference, but it sweetens the upgrade

6. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Omg, this happens with every release. The people with problems yell louder than the people without. 99% of the units are problem free. Buy at will.

7. gr8tfly, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011

gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Almost the same report here, except it's a bit to the right along the bottom. Again, only slight - and only noticeable with black screen, brightness up much higher than normal use requires, and a darkened room (my normal brightness is about 33%, with Auto Brightness on). It can't be seen during normal use.

Otherwise (and I hate to say "otherwise", since the above is so insignificant) this is a perfect display.

I'll add my iPad 1 had something similar, only slightly more and in the upper right side. Again, it never was noticeable during normal use.

Edit: And remember, the vast majority of posts are those with problems. This leaves a vast majority of owners who don't have any issues - and don't announce the fact.

8. MacManTH macrumors newbie

I will have to say my screen is perfect!! No bleeding as everyone reports and the screens on the iPad 2 are amazingly clear and crisp!! On the other hand my brothers has some bleeding....but I used his for a bit and only people looking for it will notice it and be anal and bothered by it. I think the only people that talk about it are the few with the problem I am sure there are more without bleeding than with. Buy Now!!

9. vizibledog macrumors newbie

My screen seams fine, if there is any bleed I don't notice it. Then again I don't stand in pitch black rooms, turn the brightness up to 100% and scrutinise every pixel on the screen ;)

10. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

I've been really happy with mine, a white 64gb wifi iPad 2.

No noticeable issues, no dead/stuck pixels. I watched several movies in low-light without noticing any backlight bleeding. I would consider my screen "perfect".

Before people jump up and down and demand screen-shots, etc., let me clarify.
    I can get bleeding if I crank the brightness to full, and display a black screen in a dark room. For me, there's a little bleeding in the upper left corner, and in the middle of the right side. I think that some bleeding in extreme conditions is common with this type of screen.

The reason I consider my screen "perfect" is that no defects are visible under normal use conditions.

11. ashu.ashu093 macrumors newbie

I've used bits of tape to mark the paper and screen position but can never get it perfect.