iPhone 1.1.1 Hacked Sort Of.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cah87, Oct 5, 2007.

1. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I didn't see that pic on Erica's post...where'd it come from? From what I read, she hasn't been able to activate or install apps.

Also just noticed that's not the 1.1.1 calculator icon, and the iTunes store icon says Mobile Store.

I think this is a screenshot of 1.02 with Erica's extracted mobilestore.app.

2. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

3. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Hmm, the calculator icon on that iPhone doesn't match the icon on the 1.1.1 iPhones. In fact, it's the icon that was on the 1.0.x iPhones.

4. kqwik78 macrumors member

Fake

Yeah, he is still running 1.0.2 and not the latest. The calculator icon is the biggest give away.

Post a video of the hacked iphone showing that you are running 1.1.1. Otherwise ... its BS.

5. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

OMG OMG OMG AWESOME!!!....oh wait...I'm stupid. Never mind.

6. eescabar macrumors newbie

eescabar

It's a legit pic

It's not hacked, they just gained access to the file structure. It's only a step, not the solution. The pic was taken by the first to hackers to get access to the file tree, all they did was copy the Wifi Store over to a 1.0.2 iPhone. Unfortunately for all you iTunes Store fanboi's it won't run on 1.0.2.

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

All I want is the double click home button on 1.02. :D

8. cah87 thread starter macrumors regular

the picture is of the mobile store on 1.0.2. The mobile store app doesn't work on 1.0.2 but they do have access to write and read on 1.1.1.
    If you don't believe i got this info from 9to5mac.com

9. cah87 thread starter macrumors regular

10. eescabar macrumors newbie

eescabar

It's funny you included the link in your OP, but still everyone cried fake... people on this board kill me sometimes... although you did say it was hacked when it was not.

11. cah87 thread starter macrumors regular

Well technically isn't it hacked? He has free roam of the filing system which you aren't supposed to be able to do. Also took of applications and has some write access....

12. eescabar macrumors newbie

eescabar

I wouldn't call that hacked, that makes people think that we can now unlock and run 3rd party apps again, when in fact now there is just access to the file structure, which should assist in cracking the security, and thus allow unlocking and 3rd party apps.

13. Avatar74 macrumors 65816

Look at the icon for the iTunes Music Store. It should say "iTunes" but it says "Mobi.." something... I'm sure the picture is unaltered but the icon is fake.

14. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Breaking into a car is not the same as driving off with it.

You did the right thing by editing the subject line.

15. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

If you read the TUAW post, it's the iTunes store app, extracted from the 1.1.1 FW. It's not working (yet) on 1.02, but it was installable.

16. eescabar macrumors newbie

eescabar

Do you know anything about the iPhone? I should eb nice maybe you haven't added 3rd party apps, so it might just look funny to you. All the apps are name mobi something. The names you see are set in .plist files, and if there is no reference to the mobistore then it will just show the file name and not the display name.

17. cah87 thread starter macrumors regular

haha that is a great analogy. I figured since everyone was getting their panties in a bunch i'd change it.

18. eescabar macrumors newbie

eescabar

Yeah, he could have learned that had he stopped and read the previous posts...

19. Metatron macrumors 6502

Metatron

No, it is a hack...they found the back door in and now they will rip the 1.1.1 update apart. They now have full access to the file system and from that they will be able to get the keys for the encryption. 2 days from now and we will be back to the good ol days of 1.0.2.

20. taybo20 macrumors regular

taybo20

When 1.1.1 gets hacked, even if apple tries to bring out another update few will update except for the people who dont know about 3rd party apps. What could they release that we would want so bad that we would update? Maybe flash or mms...

21. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

There's a whole heap of things. Security updates, a2dp support (yes, that's a biggie and it's in Leopard), ichat, support for todo and notes when leopard arrives, mms, google gears-style offline ajax support etc etc

This new development is only applicable for 1.0.2 owners who haven't upgraded (at the moment). Hopefully this will allow for discovering another way in so that devices that ship with 1.1.1 out of the box can be 'hacked'. That also has implications for the Touch too.

22. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Don't hold your breath for iChat. Apple gets a piece of the AT&T SMS pie. That's why they made SMS look so much like iChat.

23. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

Well, that's a whole other discussion/thread :)