iPhone 11 iPhone 11/11 pro: is someone using it naked? [Merged]

Sherifftruman

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
I use it naked when not working. I’m a home inspector and I am carrying my phone on roofs and under houses to take photos and use my inspection reporting app. I have a simple clear case I use. As soon as I’m done, the case comes off. Going out, whatever, no case for me. I do have AppleCare.

Reactions: The Clark

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
I’ve never used a case or screen protector for any of my iPhones, dating back to the original. Never had a problem other than minor screen scratches in the last few years (screens have been getting softer as they are being made to be more shatter-resistant).

Sherifftruman

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
I’ve never used a case or screen protector for any of my iPhones, dating back to the original. Never had a problem other than minor screen scratches in the last few years (screens have been getting softer as they are being made to be more shatter-resistant).
I have noticed the micro scratches in recent models as well. I keep thinking, maybe I’ll start using a screen protector but while you can see them at angles when lit, it hasn’t been noticeable in normal use.

Pipper99

macrumors 68030
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I carry mine without a case unless I’m at the gym, running/cycling, working in the yard, etc. For normal daily use at work and home, I carry it naked, and I’ve never used a screen protector.

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
I use mine naked. Only have a screen protector on it. No AppleCare.
Gosh you are wilder than me. I love the look of the device as well it’s gorgeous but if you happen to shatter the back of the device it’s considered a total loss at Apple.

Me I would get AppleCare+ I am waiting for my bumper to arrive hopefully today and then my TPU case comes off.

estabya

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2014
I picked up an 11 Pro today. I went naked on my X for the first time because the glass back was more grippy than the aluminum and it was the first time I actually felt comfortable using an iPhone without a case. However, the back of the Pro feels much more slick than the plain glass on the X.

So, anyone who has had a week with their naked 11 Pro, how has it been? Do you feel like you’ve been more prone to drop it than your X or XS?

Drak3

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2019
Nothing on my 11 Pro Max. If I make it a month without major software issues, I'll get a liquid glass protector for it.

Lyric

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2019
Screen protector with full coverage naked slickwraps skin. I also have AppleCare+.

Cryates

macrumors 68020
Nov 19, 2013
Chattanooga, TN
I think the Apple leather case might be more slippery than the 11 Pro Max.
Give it some time. The oil from your hands will eventually wear it a little bit and it’ll become grippy. They put some kind of protective layer on the leather that just needs to wear off a bit.

Reactions: PBz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.