Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DiCaprioAngel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
New York
Just goes to show that people really DO NOT read anything before making any purchase. I deal with customers like that at my job all time - complaining about the exact thing that is described in the listing ?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It will not stop me buying Apple products
Unfortunately that's the type of thing that often allows for things of this nature to happen, as Apple and many other companies that have a following essentially know and count on.

SteveManila1960

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2019
London
I am sure you are right. Not a perfect world of course. However, my Apple system works perfectly for my wife and 10 year old and 6 year old daughters when I am away on business. I can travel on business and not worry

SteveManila1960

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2019
London
I have said this before and I will say it again. Nasty separation from my ex wife back in year 2000. Many uncomfortable visits to the house to fix my daughters Windows Laptop. Age 13 I bought her the first Mac. Never had to go and fix software ever again. She is 30 years old now, still not Tech savvy, been through a few more Mac's and still never had to fix a software issue.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Just goes to show that people really DO NOT read anything before making any purchase. I deal with customers like that at my job all time - complaining about the exact thing that is described in the listing ?
While there's certainly validity to something like that in general. That said, in the context of an existing established product where things just suddenly change without really much to it, there's something somewhat different to it all.

Ram65

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
I waited to upgrade my 6s (only upgrading because the button stopped working a couple months ago).

I decided that the 12 didnt have features that were worth spending the extra money on so I bough the 11 directly from Apple since they discounted it $100.

Well, it arrived and is in the new iPhone 12 packaging that does not include the earpods, wall adapter, and it shipped with a USB-C to Lightning adapter.

I knew the 12 was this way but I find it kind of stupid that they would redo the packaging for the existing stock of 11's. Not to mention that they were not upfront about telling people buying the device this.

I'm getting really fed up with Apples crap.
That’s that bull s h I t apple been doing to us . But we keep on buying there products

SteveManila1960

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2019
London
I don't think we as consumers will ever be truly happy. I mean, come on didn't you suffer at any point in your life with Microsoft Windows? Blue screen of death? I had to teach myself MS DOS back in the day just to keep a Microsoft computer running on Windows!

The issue is not about Apple's product or software themselves it is about 'should you pay a premium price for these products'. I chose yes. Some may not.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I don't think we as consumers will ever be truly happy. I mean, come on didn't you suffer at any point in your life with Microsoft Windows? Blue screen of death? I had to teach myself MS DOS back in the day just to keep a Microsoft computer running on Windows!

The issue is not about Apple's product or software themselves it is about 'should you pay a premium price for these products'. I chose yes. Some may not.
It's also about what you are getting for what you are paying, especially if it changes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.