Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brockyneo

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2018
Hi all I have the note 10 plus but I'm thinking of switching to the iphone 11 pro max as my girlfriend has the 11 pro max and she uses iMessage ect so I was thinking of getting into the whole iphone game lol also thinking of getting the apple watch as I have the galaxy watch

Or would you guys recommend me staying with my note 10 plus or I'm also thinking of the s20 ultra

Lekro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
If you make a switch from Samsung to iPhone it is generally not phone vs phone but OS vs OS and it’s respective ecosystem.

I find the Apple ecosystem much more intuitive and simple to use than others.

The “it just works” phrase still stands even after all these years of Android updates in my opinion.

Brockyneo

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2018
If you make a switch from Samsung to iPhone it is generally not phone vs phone but OS vs OS and it’s respective ecosystem.

I find the Apple ecosystem much more intuitive and simple to use than others.

The “it just works” phrase still stands even after all these years of Android updates in my opinion.

Thanks I've also heard that apps are just more polished and tend to work better on ios is this true?

Also games are ment to work better and have better graphics dont know if this is true also

I must admit faceid works perfectly compared to the in display fingerprint my note has

Lekro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
Thanks I've also heard that apps are just more polished and tend to work better on ios is this true?

Also games are ment to work better and have better graphics dont know if this is true also

I must admit faceid works perfectly compared to the in display fingerprint my note has
That is true.

Games are also better because of the more advanced SoC (A13). These CPUs are still far ahead of the Snapdragon counterpart.

One other thing to keep in mind is iOS regularly gets updated worldwide and has the best support for older devices.

Brockyneo

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2018
Thanks guys does the iphone support a better dongle for headphones one with a built in dac? As I've also heard that the lightning port is limited compared to usb c?

Just check apple pay supports alot more banks then samsung so at least I'd be able to use that lol

Bandaman

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2019
Just check apple pay supports alot more banks then samsung so at least I'd be able to use that lol
Samsung technically supports more because of it's magnetic strip technology that works literally anywhere even if there isn't a chip reader.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Or would you guys recommend me staying with my note 10 plus or I'm also thinking of the s20 ultra

Well, you're asking a rather biased audience, of course, but given the ecosystem benefits once you get more than one device, and the fact that your SO has an iOS device, my recommendation would be going with the latest iPhone offering (airdop between devices is also really slick).

But, I'm hardly objective on the matter.

Reactions: Brockyneo

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
You should just buy the 11 Pro Max and take advantage of the 14 day return window. No one can determine what works best for you. For every 100 people who say iOS is better, 100 different people will say Android is superior. This thread will devolve into yet another OS war shortly, haha.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
You should just buy the 11 Pro Max and take advantage of the 14 day return window. No one can determine what works best for you. For every 100 people who say iOS is better, 100 different people will say Android is superior. This thread will devolve into yet another OS war shortly, haha.

And half of those people are wrong. ;)

But, yes, in general I'm a big fan of the 'try it out' model, especially when it comes to things like size, form factor, performance, etc. But, to be fair, 14 days may not be quite enough time to experience the deeper strengths of iOS/iCloud/AppleWatch/MacOS/etc integration, so, keep that in mind.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
Really it's all about the ecosystem. Anything you've bought on Android, it will need to be repurchased with iOS. It is an expensive transition if you need a lot of storage space and intend to get an Apple watch.

I do understand the desire for iMessage. My husband uses an iPhone. I keep an iPhone and Android pretty much at all times.

I've got the Pro Max. I like it aside from the first one being so yellow without True Tone it distorted other colors and the second one still required me to play with color filters to get it to an acceptable white point. Screen lottery, I wasn't going to keep playing it but the Demo models were pretty much perfect in the Apple store. No doubt cherry picked.

It's up to you, the cost of devices these days are getting pretty close for the top tiers. Now, one other question is if you want 5G. If so, the S20 Ultra comes in a 5G variant right? I believe the iPhone this year will also have this feature. So this is also something to consider.

Brockyneo

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2018
Thanks everyone think I may just hold off for now and see what the latest note and iphone bring then go from there but I do like what apple have done in the last couple of years where I feel in the android world some of it is getting kind of gimmicky

Reactions: Septembersrain

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Here it's the eco system with my mac/ipad, and all family have iPhones. Also service, Samsung is a nightmare to deal with if you have a problem.

Brockyneo

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2018
Here it's the eco system with my mac/ipad, and all family have iPhones. Also service, Samsung is a nightmare to deal with if you have a problem.

Must admit I had 2 faulty note 10 plus was a nightmare getting them exchanged

Reactions: bobsamm

blackbird666

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2019
Kuwait
Hi all I have the note 10 plus but I'm thinking of switching to the iphone 11 pro max as my girlfriend has the 11 pro max and she uses iMessage ect so I was thinking of getting into the whole iphone game lol also thinking of getting the apple watch as I have the galaxy watch

Hey!!!

I started using iPhone when they released the iPhone 4 before that I was all in Nokia.

After iPhone 4 jumped to Blackberrys and I stayed with them till 2017, from there I jumped to Samsung S8 Plus, S9 Plus and the S10 Plus.

I got myself the iPhone 11 Pro Max last year. Never been happier ?
Many said I downgraded but in all honesty I feel 11 Pro Max built better, the weight just feels right in my hand and device functions exceptionally well.

I've been a MacBook Pro user since 2007 it was easy for me knowing my device and laptop are just made for each other.

I never had a faulty blackberry or Samsung device and funny enough my first iPhone 4 still functions well today.

Android is good and paired with Samsung specially note range is even better but I feel Samsung throws in all magic tricks but perfects only a few. I never used features like reverse wireless charging since day one.
Apps are ok with android but with iOS, they are more fluid and snappier.
iOS you get updates on time, with Samsung you either get it with your carrier or if you are like me living in the unlocked countries it still takes time.
You will definitely miss the stylus and how you can take screen shots and edit them on the fly. Besides that you will be glad you made the switch.

Everyone in my family uses iPhones, I was the last one to get on board.

TL;DR Samsung user switch to 11 pro max and not looking back!

Brockyneo

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2018
Hey!!!

I started using iPhone when they released the iPhone 4 before that I was all in Nokia.

After iPhone 4 jumped to Blackberrys and I stayed with them till 2017, from there I jumped to Samsung S8 Plus, S9 Plus and the S10 Plus.

I got myself the iPhone 11 Pro Max last year. Never been happier ?
Many said I downgraded but in all honesty I feel 11 Pro Max built better, the weight just feels right in my hand and device functions exceptionally well.

I've been a MacBook Pro user since 2007 it was easy for me knowing my device and laptop are just made for each other.

I never had a faulty blackberry or Samsung device and funny enough my first iPhone 4 still functions well today.

Android is good and paired with Samsung specially note range is even better but I feel Samsung throws in all magic tricks but perfects only a few. I never used features like reverse wireless charging since day one.
Apps are ok with android but with iOS, they are more fluid and snappier.
iOS you get updates on time, with Samsung you either get it with your carrier or if you are like me living in the unlocked countries it still takes time.
You will definitely miss the stylus and how you can take screen shots and edit them on the fly. Besides that you will be glad you made the switch.

Everyone in my family uses iPhones, I was the last one to get on board.

TL;DR Samsung user switch to 11 pro max and not looking back!

I know I'm so tempted I also like the way apple update all there devices with the latest ios and I'm thinking is the 100x zoom and refresh rate really a big thing ?

If I'm honest I dont use at least 60 percent of my notes features as it is lol

aue123

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2019
Mid west USA
i was in the same boat with my GF having iphone, and i made the switch to 11 PM coming from S10+ .. do i miss the picture in picture? hell yea, but at the end of the day, my baby cakes can facetime me any time and i can send high quality video and pictures over imessage. happy GF is a happy life lol ?

Brockyneo

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2018
i was in the same boat with my GF having iphone, and i made the switch to 11 PM coming from S10+ .. do i miss the picture in picture? hell yea, but at the end of the day, my baby cakes can facetime me any time and i can send high quality video and pictures over imessage. happy GF is a happy life lol ?

Lol true true ? that been said we normally just use facebook messenger to send stuff ect but people rave about iMessage so I'm assuming it's better

blackbird666

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2019
Kuwait
I know I'm so tempted I also like the way apple update all there devices with the latest ios and I'm thinking is the 100x zoom and refresh rate really a big thing ?

If I'm honest I dont use at least 60 percent of my notes features as it is lol

Apple usually releases a new feature when they know it will work, like the 120hz refresh rate only works with 1080p with the Samsung S20 Ultra. There are talking that Samsung may release an update to allow 120hz refresh rate across all resolutions, if this is true the update could take a long time.

MarkX

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland
Apple usually releases a new feature when they know it will work, like the 120hz refresh rate only works with 1080p with the Samsung S20 Ultra. There are talking that Samsung may release an update to allow 120hz refresh rate across all resolutions, if this is true the update could take a long time.
Apparently Samsung are working on the update now and it will take 1 - 3 months for 120hz to work across all resolutions - that's what I read anyway.

blackbird666

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2019
Kuwait
Apparently Samsung are working on the update now and it will take 1 - 3 months for 120hz to work across all resolutions - that's what I read anyway.

with Samsungs track record it could take longer or may be they could pull this off and release it earlier!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.