Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gta1216

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2018
I've noticed that with my iPhone 12, I constantly lose internet connection, even when I'm on my home wifi.

If I'm home, I'm always connected to my home wifi. It would be working fine and then all of a sudden, nothing loads. The first few times it happened, I thought it was because of a connection problem with my wifi. After I turned off wifi, the phone shows 5G, but there's still no internet. I turn wifi back on, and the internet is back. This happened quite frequent.

One time I was in my car, and I was obviously using 5G since I stopped subscribing to data for my car's hotspot. My wifi is always turned on, but I was using 5G. For no reason, internet stopped working. I turned off cellular data and turned it back on, then the internet is back.

Has anyone had this problem?

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Already a thread on this topic. Still on the first page of this forum.

bigcoop

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2020
I've noticed that with my iPhone 12, I constantly lose internet connection, even when I'm on my home wifi.

If I'm home, I'm always connected to my home wifi. It would be working fine and then all of a sudden, nothing loads. The first few times it happened, I thought it was because of a connection problem with my wifi. After I turned off wifi, the phone shows 5G, but there's still no internet. I turn wifi back on, and the internet is back. This happened quite frequent.

One time I was in my car, and I was obviously using 5G since I stopped subscribing to data for my car's hotspot. My wifi is always turned on, but I was using 5G. For no reason, internet stopped working. I turned off cellular data and turned it back on, then the internet is back.

Has anyone had this problem?
Started to have the same problem on my Phone 12 Pro Max. Had to reset the network on the iPhone then turn off 5G and use Lite only.

Random Dude

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2021
I notice this all the time while I'm at home and connected to my wifi router. Typically switching the wifi off/on on my phone to disconnect and reconnect works. But this ONLY happens with my iPhone 12. Never happened before and it doesn't happen with ANY other devices that connect to my router.
How does one complain about this and make Apple hear about it? They don't seem to give a FF.

MacLappy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2011
Singapore
Have the same issue on my home google wifi. Wifi connectivity to my iPhone 12 is randomly disrupted, it still shows I am on wifi but there is actually no connection.

This happens at least once in 3 or 4 days.

No issues with my family members iPhone 11, XR and 8.

I am still on iOS 14.4.2.

Stephen z

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2021
hey, i have a brand new 12 pro, and suddenly it loses both 4g and wifi at the same time. Reboot helps to restore 4g but not the wifi. I had to reboot the wifi router. How will I reboot it when in a hotel? This phone is garbage. Money for nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.