iPhone 12 Lineup Rumored to Feature All-New Navy Blue Color Option

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

At least one iPhone 12 model will come in a new Navy Blue finish, according to XDA Developers writer and leaker Max Weinbach, who shared his information with YouTube channel EverythingApplePro.

Weinbach believes that Navy Blue could replace the Midnight Green finish available for iPhone 11 Pro models. In line with this, EverythingApplePro created a mockup of what the iPhone 12 Pro in Navy Blue could look like.

iPhone 12 Pro in Navy Blue concept via EverythingApplePro/Max Weinbach

Weinbach has accurately revealed a new iPhone color in the past. In May 2019, through his Twitter account PineLeaks, he said the successor to the iPhone XR would come in a new light green color. However, he said the green option would replace yellow, and the iPhone 11 is available in both green and yellow.

Weinbach also accurately predicted that the volume HUD would become less obtrusive in iOS 13, but he has also shared several Apple-related rumors that did not pan out, including the iPad getting a native Calculator app in iOS 13 and the HomePod launching in Austria and Italy within 2019.

Weinbach has a more established track record with Android-related rumors, most recently including alleged Samsung Galaxy S20 leaks.

Watch this EverythingApplePro video for a closer look at the Navy Blue concept:

Apple plans to release five new iPhone models in 2020, including the so-called "iPhone 9" or "iPhone SE 2" with a 4.7-inch display in the spring and a higher-end, OLED-and-5G lineup with one 5.4-inch model, two 6.1-inch models, and one 6.7-inch model in the fall, according to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo.

Article Link: iPhone 12 Lineup Rumored to Feature All-New Navy Blue Color Option

Reactions: SkippyThorson

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
the iPad not having a calculator app is beyond ridiculous at this point... what's the logic in shortchanging it?
Probably can’t figure out how to make the UI not so massive and not look comical. I think we’d all be happy if it only ran in slideover or splitview in iPhone size only mode.
- - Post merged: - -

the mock looks more purple - now that would be a great color! also it would be super weird to get rid of the green that they just introduced, and from what i can see - it's been pretty popular.
Purple and Pink would sell like crazy.

M-Life

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2006
Hol-Leawood
Can’t wait for everyone to go crazy over the blue color. And then put a case on it so they never see the blue.
I've never had a case on my phone, and navy blue is the only color I've ever wanted after I had a white 5s or whatever back in the day. It's my three year upgrade cycle as well.

Reactions: niji and Huck

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
I use a dark blue case on my XS.
I’d probably get this colour in a new iPhone... and then put it in a dark blue case again! Lol!

Reactions: artfossil

newyorksole

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Blue is my favorite color and I’ve been waiting for a flagship blue forever! I love silver/white, but will absolutely snatch up the blue with the quickness Lol.

GeoStructural

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2016
Colombia
Don’t care about new colors, I just don’t want that awful frosted glass.
I love the frosted glass, and I have been wishing for a midnight blue color option for years!

I hope they also upgrade the camera considerably, not just the ToF addition but a bigger, better quality sensor that allows a MPx increase without loosing quality, and larger telephoto zoom. With just those things I am sold.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GrumpyMom and niji

code-m

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
Probably can’t figure out how to make the UI not so massive and not look comical. I think we’d all be happy if it only ran in slideover or splitview in iPhone size only mode.
Calculator.app goes into advance/scientific mode in landscape mode on iPhone, not sure why this cannot be the default layout on iPadOS or have a tape also present like on macOS. Seriously at this point it’s just lazy on Apple’s part to not have a native calculator app on iPad. Who knows it might be the next big feature in iPadOS 14 similar to external drive support in Files.