iPhone 11 iPhone 12. MAYBE NOT THIS YEAR

bushman4

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
Apple not on pace with production
schedule. Foxconn plants operating at 30% capacity, Flights and personnel travel being limited in China. Will Apple be able to bring a new iPhone to market this year I hope so but it looks more doubtful each day because of the Corona Virus

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Apple not on pace with production
schedule. Foxconn plants operating at 30% capacity, Flights and personnel travel being limited in China. Will Apple be able to bring a new iPhone to market this year I hope so but it looks more doubtful each day because of the Corona Virus
Yes, they will release it this year,.

Reactions: jbachandouris

joeblow7777

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2010
You’d be surprised what manages to get done when billions of dollars are on the line. There will be a new iPhone in the fall.

if it gets so bad that there isn’t, then it’s bad enough that we probably won’t care about a new phone anyway.

shady16

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2019
i have heard that there stock will be about 10-15% lower then normal on release soo, might be hard to find them at launch

Reactions: compwiz1202

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Is it entirely necessary to put ‘caps lock’ on your thread title? Just seems a bit overly dramatic for something that really isn’t an issue yet in terms of how far we are out from the iPhone release.

But yes, the iPhone 12 will release this year likely without any problems, if anything, there might be a delay into November.

nightpad

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2020
Yes, there will be the iphone 12, the iphone 12 pro and the iPhone 12 corona edition...

I think, when thinking about already >2700 victims of this pandemia, the release date of the 12 is not as important...

Reactions: Zune55

m0sher

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2018
I just hope it doesn’t delay Oct 2022 phones because that’s MY next upgrade from 11PM.

bigjnyc

macrumors 603
Apr 10, 2008
If it gets to that point, the fact that there is no iPhone 12 would be the least of our concerns....
lol exactly this..... If things get that dire then an iPhone release will be the least of our worries.... The stock market has already taken a beating this week just based on rumors of the virus spreading. An epidemic could really cripple our economy...... but some people will still be concerned about their iPhone shipping on time, even if everything is burning down around them lol.

m0sher

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2018
lol exactly this..... If things get that dire then an iPhone release will be the least of our worries.... The stock market has already taken a beating this week just based on rumors of the virus spreading. An epidemic could really cripple our economy...... but some people will still be concerned about their iPhone shipping on time, even if everything is burning down around them lol.
Fair enough analogy, but hell yeah I want my iPhone while I’m sick in bed. lol

• Haha
Reactions: bigjnyc

bushman4

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
Manufacturing is still at pace in many parts of China so it depends if Apples facilities have been hit specifically. I can’t see them missing a release and especially an important one like this.
Apple has already said Foxconns operating at only 35% of capacity. Workers have been offered U.S. $764 bonus to return to work. Apparently for some reason workers not returning as fast as thought Perhaps out of fear
Time will tell........nothing’s written in stone

Puppuccino

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2019
It depends what happens later in the year. They may have to postpone it. No one really knows.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors G3
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Apple has already said Foxconns operating at only 35% of capacity. Workers have been offered U.S. $764 bonus to return to work. Apparently for some reason workers not returning as fast as thought Perhaps out of fear
Time will tell........nothing’s written in stone
Apple do tend to exaggerate their limited supply chain every year though to generate hype and demand so it’s difficult to gage. I’m sure it has had some effect.

Reactions: m0sher

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Apple do tend to exaggerate their limited supply chain every year though to generate hype and demand so it’s difficult to gage. I’m sure it has had some effect.
This is a bit different than apple doing that though, and it's getting worse by the day. 2-3 week wait for Airpods pro here now, none of the retailers have them, even ebay sellers have cottoned on and selling $50-100 over Apple.

Reactions: JCCL

dogg

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
Scotland
It will come out this year probably in September but maybe not as much stock in previous years or later in November with higher stock levels. Only time will tell for sure.

UBS28

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2012
There will be an iPhone 12. But if the supply is less than demand, Apple could in theory increase the price alot.

ToddH

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
Is Apple actually changing the design of the iPhone or will they release the 11s pro? Apple has always released an “s” model after the first newer iPhone

ACURA2015

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2015
Miami, Florida
I just hope they don't rush it to completion and make a sloppy job on it, as it is right now, some phones arrive with lint underneath the camera lens and other imperfections, on top of having to pay such a hefty price for these devices.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I just hope they don't rush it to completion and make a sloppy job on it, as it is right now, some phones arrive with lint underneath the camera lens and other imperfections, on top of having to pay such a hefty price for these devices.
When has Apple ever rushed an iPhone that’s been sloppy? I can’t recall _any_ model that’s ever been to a point where it’s been ‘sloppy’? They’re hardware standards, let alone their manufacturing standards throughout their factory conditions is pretty stringent.

As for your comment about lint/dust, there’s nothing you can do about that. That’s called ‘factory conditions’ that every iPhone probably has some form of embedded debris/lint under the camera lens cover/within the display. Even with some of the top smart TV manufacturers with LG/Samsung/Sony have the exact same problems, because it’s a manufactured mass-produced tech item in a factory that has dust.

It’s just a matter if it’s noticeable enough that affects photos/display or those who are very particular.

Reactions: Knowlege Bomb
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.