Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone 11 or 12 mini?

• iPhone 11

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • iPhone 12 mini

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters

ShizumiAoki

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2019
Australia
Hello, I was looking at either getting the iPhone 11 or the 12 mini and was unsure on witch one to get. The phone size it self dose not really matter to be at all more just power and battery.

When it comes to video‘s for both phone, it seems the 11 haves about 1 hour or more compared to the 12 mini (in browsing test) and 2 hour dif with YouTube video playback. Would you say this is about true that depending on the task it‘s a 1 to 2 hour different’s (Out side of 3D gaming where it seems the 11 kills the mini at)

And when it comes to proformence. Would you say there is much of a difference in both phones from a day to day use case (using it to consume media and taking photo’s)

Would you say the iPhone 11 to be a ”better“ phone compared to the 12?

Thank you for your time.

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
If the 11 then, would you say in terms of the 12 (none mini/pro version) would you still say 11?
No. Then I would go 12. Thinner, lighter, shorter, narrower and OLED. Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 9.13.55 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 9.15.25 AM.png

Osamede

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2009
Hello, I was looking at either getting the iPhone 11 or the 12 mini and was unsure on witch one to get. The phone size it self dose not really matter to be at all more just power and battery.

When it comes to video‘s for both phone, it seems the 11 haves about 1 hour or more compared to the 12 mini (in browsing test) and 2 hour dif with YouTube video playback. Would you say this is about true that depending on the task it‘s a 1 to 2 hour different’s (Out side of 3D gaming where it seems the 11 kills the mini at)

And when it comes to proformence. Would you say there is much of a difference in both phones from a day to day use case (using it to consume media and taking photo’s)

Would you say the iPhone 11 to be a ”better“ phone compared to the 12?

Thank you for your time.
I just moved from 11 ( non pro) to 12 mini.

Battery life and screen time definitely longer on the 11. But I didn’t enjoy the 11. Too big and heavy. I think the 11 pro is longer battery life than 11 if you are looking at that series.

The focus of 12 mini is if you are not a heavy user but rather you just want a top quality phone that is easy to bring above disappears in your pocket when you are not using it, which is most of the time.

The 11 is big and bulky and no you don’t ever forget it’s on you. So basic like X and XS but not as good a screen. And the screen is why I would not get the 11. For that price range you should have OLED.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.