Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RBrandonBrewer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2020
Louisville
I’m thinking with the beauty of this pacific blue color I’m just going to rock a screen protector and go naked. I’m admiringly a little scared but I just hate the thought of covering this phone up. Do you agree or disagree and why?

Reactions: victry1

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
I’ve ordered one of the otterbox figura case from the Apple Store app.
The phone is quite nice case less but one slightly annoying thing I find is that when using it on a table it just doesn’t sit flat due to the camera so you get wobble which having a case that will no longer be an issue.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
I keep going back and forth between using a thin clear case and using clear film on the sides and back. Going to definitely use a glass screen protector.

Considering going with SopiGuard or XtremeSkins for the clear film and maybe something like totalleecase clear case.

Reactions: RBrandonBrewer

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
The Apple leather MagSafe case is perfect for me. It hugs the iPhone 12 pro Max and fits tightly. No bulk so I don’t miss out on the close to naked feel of it with added grip

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
I’m thinking with the beauty of this pacific blue color I’m just going to rock a screen protector and go naked. I’m admiringly a little scared but I just hate the thought of covering this phone up. Do you agree or disagree and why?
Not for me. The frosted glass is insanely slippery.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
These phones handle like a wet bar of soap and are made of glass, it only takes one drop to ruin it. I’d never go naked
I have found the mini to be firm to hold. It doesn’t feel slick or hurt the hands. Is it possible a lot of people are using a phone much larger than their hand(s) and thus feel uncomfortable holding it for any real length of time?

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
I have the new 12 Pro Max. It’s replacing my 8+. With my 8+, I broke an OtterBox case. That tells you everything you need to know about whether I’ll ever go ceaseless.

Eriamjh1138@DAN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2007
BFE, MI
Know anywhere to buy one?
Not personally, but I tend to check amazon and ebay for these things since they are usually vinyl decals. I saw a vid from marques Brownlee and I think he showed his Max Pro with just a skin around the side frame, but I didn't watch the whole vid or check the youtube for any promotion links.

I WISH I had one on my Jet Black 7 Plus. It suffered from surface blemished from being in a case (stuff manages to find its way in), but thankfully, BuyBackWorld.com did not penalize me for it. That was a beautiful finish, but there was no way to repair it.

naturalguy

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2018
I have found the mini to be firm to hold. It doesn’t feel slick or hurt the hands. Is it possible a lot of people are using a phone much larger than their hand(s) and thus feel uncomfortable holding it for any real length of time?

The mini is a different story, this thread is about the 12 Pro Max

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
With a phone this large and a price tag to match, I want a case. Not only for the protection but also for the ability to hold onto it better. Currently using a clear Otterbox Symmetry case. I like the rubbery feel to the edges. Not so much the back as it is a smudge magnet. Have a couple of others coming to see which wins out for daily use. I do like to rotate though so nice to have options. I will be adding an Apple leather at some point.

My favorite type of case was back in the 4s days. The bumper only cases were the best. Gave the phone protection but also allowed you to feel the beauty of the phone. I believe Rhino Shield makes them. If I were ever to consider going naked, I'd at least go that route again. That or at the very least I'd put it in some sort of sleeve when not actually using it. Joli makes wonderful leather & felt lined sleeves.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.