Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

12 Pro Max Color/Size

• Graphite 128

Votes: 81 12.0%
  • Graphite 256

Votes: 84 12.4%
  • Graphite 512

Votes: 35 5.2%
  • Silver 128

Votes: 37 5.5%
  • Silver 256

Votes: 37 5.5%
  • Silver 512

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Pacific Blue 128

Votes: 117 17.3%
  • Pacific Blue 256

Votes: 132 19.6%
  • Pacific Blue 512

Votes: 48 7.1%
  • Gold 128

Votes: 35 5.2%
  • Gold 256

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • Gold 512

Votes: 11 1.6%

• Total voters

Chief Oddball

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
DFW
Finally got my hands on a 12 Pro at Best Buy. Definitely glad I waited for the Pro Max—I don’t think I would have been satisfied with the size of the 12.

Additionally, my Spigen Ultra Hybrid case for the 12 Pro Max came in, and I put it next to my 6s Plus (which is also in a Spigen case of similar thickness). They are almost the exact same size, with the main difference being that the 12 PM is a tiny bit taller. And of course, it’s all screen, unlike my 6s Plus. So stoked for this...

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Finally got my hands on a 12 Pro at Best Buy. Definitely glad I waited for the Pro Max—I don’t think I would have been satisfied with the size of the 12.

Additionally, my Spigen Ultra Hybrid case for the 12 Pro Max came in, and I put it next to my 6s Plus (which is also in a Spigen case of similar thickness). They are almost the exact same size, with the main difference being that the 12 PM is a tiny bit taller. And of course, it’s all screen, unlike my 6s Plus. So stoked for this...
Same. Can’t wait to get back to that big screen!

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO

That’s great to know. The cool thing is that in another thread someone was posting xcode simulator shots of all the phone sizes next to each other and the 12 Pro Max is even wider than the Plus because of the point size change to the display. You get about an extra word across the screen in addition to about another paragraph in height. It’s just a monster. I’ve been using the Plus since the 6 Plus debuted so I’m STOKED.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
5 days....not happy with the Graphite 256 all of the sudden climbing in the rankings...haha

Reactions: tommyboy9996

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Happy to see my choice is one of the least popular (Graphite 512). Bodes well for me. :)

joshwithachance

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2009
128GB Gold, it's decided and pre-saved with Apple Card Financing. iUP is tempting for the simplicity and peace of mind for next year, but you lose too much value. I sold my 64GB mint green iPhone 11 for $580 AFTER the 12 was released. Which means it only lost $120 (or 15%) in value. Had I done iUP I would have spent $350 for the phone (even more actually because I would have had to pay for AC+ too) instead of $120.

slicktor

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2010
Does anyone know if the pre-order is going to be up at 5am Pacific time again?

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Another contender for the Pacific Blue 256 GB Pro Max here. I spotted the 6.1” 12 Pro in Pacific Blue this past weekend at an Apple Store and that was it, decision made. It looks amazing.

I’ve been hanging onto this launch-day 6s Plus for five years and I’m done. Come Nov. 6th, it’s on. If for some reason they run out of blue I’ll settle for graphite (it looks sharp too). Won’t go below 256.
Just wake up at 5am and place your order. You can choose your iPhone already on the Apple iPhone app then complete the purchase Friday 11/6 at 5am. You’ll get the model you want. I’m waking up super early.

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
I never owned any of the “plus” phones as I thought they were too big and the bezel bugged me. But since the edge to edge Max came out I’ve picked this option every time, X,XS, 11 Pro and now the 12 Pro Max on Friday. I can’t imagine going back to small. No issues with pockets etc.

baking soda

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2020
Italy
5 days....not happy with the Graphite 256 all of the sudden climbing in the rankings...haha

Graphite is super sleek, I have the regular pro and it's sexy as hell imho. Have to say though that I haven't seen the pacific blue in person yet.
I still think I'll be going with the 256GB Graphite Max once it's out (and the batteries have been proved to be decent).

Sam in SoCal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2019
Graphite is super sleek, I have the regular pro and it's sexy as hell imho. Have to say though that I haven't seen the pacific blue in person yet.
I still think I'll be going with the 256GB Graphite Max once it's out (and the batteries have been proved to be decent).
This battery drain test has made me excited for the pro max. Have you seen this one yet?

baking soda

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2020
Italy
This battery drain test has made me excited for the pro max. Have you seen this one yet?

Yep, saw it yesterday! The regular pro is terrible if you ask me. I really hope the 12 max gets close to the 11 max which I’ve owned and it really was a beast.
The new design make the phones feel great in my hands and I hope this will help make the 12 max size feel a little bit less awkward.

Sam in SoCal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2019
Yep, saw it yesterday! The regular pro is terrible if you ask me. I really hope the 12 max gets close to the 11 max which I’ve owned and it really was a beast.
The new design make the phones feel great in my hands and I hope this will help make the 12 max size feel a little bit less awkward.
Well you’re definitely a special use case because I thought the iPhone 12 did well in comparison to the others that have much larger capacities. The iPhone 12 clocked in at 7hrs 36 minutes and I think the note ultra 20 was like 7hrs 51 minutes. Bare in mind the note ultra has a 4500mah capacity while The 12 has 2815mah or something like that. So that’s what impressed me the fact that the 12 was pretty efficient in comparison so I can imagine the 12 promax will be legit.

baking soda

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2020
Italy
Well you’re definitely a special use case because I thought the iPhone 12 did well in comparison to the others that have much larger capacities. The iPhone 12 clocked in at 7hrs 36 minutes and I think the note ultra 20 was like 7hrs 51 minutes. Bare in mind the note ultra has a 4500mah capacity while The 12 has 2815mah or something like that. So that’s what impressed me the fact that the 12 was pretty efficient in comparison so I can imagine the 12 promax will be legit.

I sure hope you're right bout that, and that's a good point regardless. But from my personal experience, I'm pretty disappointed. I have to charge the phone at lunch time. It's a nightmare! I don't know if I am just used to the absurd 11PM battery, but I don't think that even the 11 Pro performed that bad.

Sam in SoCal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2019
I sure hope you're right bout that, and that's a good point regardless. But from my personal experience, I'm pretty disappointed. I have to charge the phone at lunch time. It's a nightmare! I don't know if I am just used to the absurd 11PM battery, but I don't think that even the 11 Pro performed that bad.
You mention lunchtime so I‘m guessing you’re at work? And if you’re at work what are you doing with the phone that you need to charge it by 12-1 pm??

baking soda

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2020
Italy
You mention lunchtime so I‘m guessing you’re at work? And if you’re at work what are you doing with the phone that you need to charge it by 12-1 pm??

That's the point. I'm not even doing that much! Just some basic texting, and streaming music from Spotify to my AirPods. Can you believe it? The battery dropped 55% or more yesterday during the morning. Other than the music, I may have watched a couple short youtube videos (roughly 25-30 minutes total?)
I have 5G off since purchase and I have also already disabled mail auto fetching, useless location services etc. It's crazy.
Fingers crossed for the Max.

Bstephens

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2010
The smaller phones have always sucked on battery life but it may be software issues too. My wife’s 11 pro max was draining too fast recently until I did a wipe and restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.