Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

12 Pro Max Color/Size

• Graphite 128

Votes: 81 12.0%
  • Graphite 256

Votes: 84 12.4%
  • Graphite 512

Votes: 35 5.2%
  • Silver 128

Votes: 37 5.5%
  • Silver 256

Votes: 37 5.5%
  • Silver 512

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Pacific Blue 128

Votes: 117 17.3%
  • Pacific Blue 256

Votes: 132 19.6%
  • Pacific Blue 512

Votes: 48 7.1%
  • Gold 128

Votes: 35 5.2%
  • Gold 256

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • Gold 512

Votes: 11 1.6%

• Total voters

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
Hi!

I’ve just received the nomad rugged case for iphone 12 pro max and compared with xs max model, is noticeable bigger. After done the test of trousers pockets, I have doubts again...
imo it's still better than the 12 Pro. I tried it for a week and it was just too small.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
My E-class cabriolet is currently on order. It has wireless CarPlay and an internal charging mat and I am fairly confident that it will accommodate the new Pro Max but I won’t know for sure until I get the car

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Hmmm, seems that more and more are going for the Pacific Blue in the Pro Max. Good luck to all!

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Hmmm, seems that more and more are going for the Pacific Blue in the Pro Max. Good luck to all!
Killing ME! LOL. I made up my mind for Graphite because I felt this may look great on all cases. And that still may be true. But seeing Pac Blue in a brown leather case...I'm up in the air again.

I've literally been back and forth with these 2 colors for over 2 weeks now. ?

Edit - I was in the wrong thread...my fault. I was talking about this Apple leather saddle brown case in Pac Blue phone. Not as bad as I thought, looks good I think.

Reactions: QuarterSwede

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Killing ME! LOL. I made up my mind for Graphite because I felt this may look great on all cases. And that still may be true. But seeing Pac Blue in a brown leather case...I'm up in the air again.

Edit - I was in the wrong thread...my fault. I was talking about this Apple leather saddle brown case in Pac Blue phone. Not as bad as I thought, looks good I think.

I wish I was to the point of being torn between colors...I am still trying to determine if its worth the upgrade from the 11 Pro Max. This is coming from someone who upgrades no questions asked every year but I am struggling to find what all is better this go around besides the camera and physical form factor. Battery has me worried a bit if it is truly a downgrade from the 11 PM. The chip itself for what I use it for will not notice the difference. I have been back and forth for days now I guess tomorrow when I wake up it will be what kind of mood I am in whether or not I place an order.

PlainEnvelopes

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2018
I wish I was to the point of being torn between colors...I am still trying to determine if its worth the upgrade from the 11 Pro Max. This is coming from someone who upgrades no questions asked every year but I am struggling to find what all is better this go around besides the camera and physical form factor. Battery has me worried a bit if it is truly a downgrade from the 11 PM. The chip itself for what I use it for will not notice the difference. I have been back and forth for days now I guess tomorrow when I wake up it will be what kind of mood I am in whether or not I place an order.
I was in the same boat, but since I am on the apple upgrade program and i am not going to switch away from apple might as well keep it going. I am not going to keep a phone past two years so no point in paying it off in my opinion.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012

That's okay. I've given the suggestion that if the color of the phone is hard to decide, let the cases that you like be the determining factor. Hopefully you decide soon!

Reactions: PhillyGuy72

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
I used to upgrade every year, but stopped at 6 Plus. I got the XS Max 2 years ago. Skipped last year...was thinking to skip this year but heck with it, I'll upgrade.

Trade in of the XS Max is not horrific right now, I honestly expected a lower trade in. For me the benefits are clearly the cameras, the base model 128gb, far better than my almost filled 64GB phone. The slightly bigger size is nice, not sure if it will be THAT noticeable? 5G is not that important...maybe some day it will be in my immediate area, but the better LTE will be very nice..

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
I was in the same boat, but since I am on the apple upgrade program and i am not going to switch away from apple might as well keep it going. I am not going to keep a phone past two years so no point in paying it off in my opinion.
I agree. Why continue paying same amount for last years phone when you can pay same and have the latest phone? That's what I think. I'm also on apple UP.

Sam in SoCal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2019
I used to upgrade every year, but stopped at 6 Plus. I got the XS Max 2 years ago. Skipped last year...was thinking to skip this year but heck with it, I'll upgrade.

Trade in of the XS Max is not horrific right now, I honestly expected a lower trade in. For me the benefits are clearly the cameras, the base model 128gb, far better than my almost filled 64GB phone. The slightly bigger size is nice, not sure if it will be THAT noticeable? 5G is not that important...maybe some day it will be in my immediate area, but the better LTE will be very nice..
I was set on saving a little more money by getting the 128gb Base storage since I went 256 last year because 64 was silly. i didn’t pay attention to higher storage pricing this year but when I did look I saw that Apple lowered the next tier storage by 50$. So it’s “only” a 100$ more for the 256. In my opinion why not get the extra headroom. And I’m a different case since I like to sell private party and 256 storage is a good selling point for potential buyers.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
I was set on saving a little more money by getting the 128gb Base storage since I went 256 last year because 64 was silly. i didn’t pay attention to higher storage pricing this year but when I did look I saw that Apple lowered the next tier storage by 50$. So it’s “only” a 100$ more for the 256. In my opinion why not get the extra headroom. And I’m a different case since I like to sell private party and 256 storage is a good selling point for potential buyers.
Other than color, I'm also back and forth with that size upgrade as well. It's very possible I will spend the extra $100 for double the size. Clearly this will help with 4K videos. (I rarely shot 4K on this phone because of the sad 64gb size)

imartez

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2017
My E-class cabriolet is currently on order. It has wireless CarPlay and an internal charging mat and I am fairly confident that it will accommodate the new Pro Max but I won’t know for sure until I get the car
My Audi A6 has wireless carplay and a charging mat. Unfortunately, it's very finicky with my 12 pro. It states it's charging, but after a 30 min ride, it did not charge the battery and the phone was very hot. I have tried multiple positions on the mat and it doesn't seem to work. My 11 Pro Pax worked fine, so I believe the culprit is the 12 pro. I have since reverted to plugging the phone into a USB when I need a charge. Otherwise, the phone stays in my pocket. Not ideal and not Audi's issue. Apple's magsafe setup is going to cause issues with a lot of wireless charging solutions that are NOT magsafe compatible

Reactions: Bazooka-joe

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
I'm just like you and I've been going back and forth. It's really not worth it if you have the 11 Pro Max. 5G isn't worth it yet. Plus it kills the battery too. If it was I'd grab one in a second. Next year is gonna be the year to upgrade. I've decided to sit this one out and I've purchased every iPhone except the iPhone 6.

baking soda

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2020
Italy
With just hours left, and for those still on the fence between Graphite and Pacific Blue.
Here's a great comparison video. Perhaps the best one I've seen.

Wow! Great video! Though I can confirm once again that there is no way to say which of those two colors is the best looking one. They are both sexy af. I personally went for the graphite.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.