Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KepsInscription

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2020
I would recommend against 13 Mini. I had it for a week. The only good thing about is the size.
The battery life is atrocious. 6hr screen time would drain the battery to 0%.
The camera is actually worse than my old 8. See the photos. The 13m is just unable to focus at close distances.

I returned it and picked up an 11. I get 10hr-11hr screen time per charge. The camera is good. I can turned off the HDR. Very happy with 11
Sounds like something was wrong with your 13 Mini as this comparison is pretty laughable. The 12 Pro Max camera (which is what is in the 13 Mini) is worse than a iPhone 8? lol

Also, from my experience the 13 Mini gets far better SOT than the 11. 10hr-11hr SOT seems very unlikely for a regular 11.

xrayv

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2021
Sounds like something was wrong with your 13 Mini as this comparison is pretty laughable. The 12 Pro Max camera (which is what is in the 13 Mini) is worse than a iPhone 8? lol

Also, from my experience the 13 Mini gets far better SOT than the 11. 10hr-11hr SOT seems very unlikely for a regular 11.
Well, I went full OCD after my first iPhone 13 Mini photo, did research and tests. I was getting this feeling that I got ripped off. $730 for a small battery and crappy camera.
Here is my 11 today’s battery life

Attachments

• 5C6A65B7-921D-425B-8E3B-EDFD7F2F783D.jpeg
    5C6A65B7-921D-425B-8E3B-EDFD7F2F783D.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 75

KepsInscription

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2020
Well, I went full OCD after my first iPhone 13 Mini photo, did research and tests. I was getting this feeling that I got ripped off. $730 for a small battery and crappy camera.
Here is my 11 today’s battery life
I guess if you're happy with the 11 then that's all that matters. Although, the 13 regular seems like it would have been a better choice long term (better battery, better camera, longer support).

Reactions: xrayv

xrayv

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2021
I guess if you're happy with the 11 then that's all that matters. Although, the 13 regular seems like it would have been a better choice long term (better battery, better camera, longer support).
Thanks, I guess I’ll buy it in 2 years for $500

Moneymiike420

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
You couldn't be wronger.
I've been using iPhone since the 3G.
And who mentioned anything about the battery?
Maybe if you paid more attention to what's posted instead of starting off judging people, your posts would be way more useful for the entire community.
I apologize I had multiple tabs opened and I read the previous reply saying 6hr screen time and atrocious battery life..I for some reason thought it was the thread posted by you, I'm sorry about that dude my apologies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.