Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Shortly after Apple started accepting pre-orders for all four iPhone 14 models, delivery estimates are beginning to slip into October on its online store in the U.S. and select other countries. Exact availability varies by configuration ordered.

iPhone-14-Pro-models-in-hand.jpeg

Many customers who managed to work around issues with Apple's online store and place an order quickly are set for launch day delivery. iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max models will begin arriving to customers and launch in stores on Friday, September 16, while the iPhone 14 Plus launches on Friday, October 7.

For customers who have yet to order, however, many iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max models are now estimated for delivery in the first half of October from Apple. Availability of the standard iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus models has held up better.

It's a similar situation in Canada, where nearly every iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max configuration is estimated for October delivery as of writing.

Customers who really want one of the new iPhone 14 models on launch day might still have luck with arranging in-store pickup at their local Apple Store during the checkout process on Apple's website, but availability varies. It is also common for some Apple Stores to have limited stock of the new iPhones for walk-in customers on launch day.

While the standard iPhone 14 models have very few changes this year, including an A15 Bionic chip with an extra GPU core and new car crash detection and satellite texting features for emergencies, the Pro models feature an always-on display with an all-new pill-shaped Dynamic Island cutout, a 48-megapixel rear camera lens, and more.

Pricing continues to start at $799 for the iPhone 14 and at $999 for the iPhone 14 Pro.

Article Link: iPhone 14 Pro Delivery Estimates Begin Slipping Into October

compwiz1202

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Even though I am waiting to pay my 13PM installments first, I just checked the 14PM 256 Purple, and it was Oct 2. There was a 512 in a nearby store though. Hopefully that is the case when I am ready to upgrade.

jjrich1995

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2020
This had to have been one of the worst launches in recent Apple history. The past years of Apple preorders were quite smooth using the Apple Store app but this year was a nightmare. Finally got my order through 20min after 8am for a Sept 16th pickup then had to go thru the AT&T website to get another line upgraded. Such a mess!

Blackacex22

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2022
Clare, MI
About 9:10 am EST I remembered today was pre-order day. I opened the apple store app, found the 14 pro max, and ordered it using Apple Card installments with trade in of my 13 pro max. I will pick up a 256gb deep purple on September 17th at my local apple store. My first choice was space black, but that wasn’t shipping until October. As a guy, I am undecided if deep purple is too feminine but I always like getting the unique colors. This was the easiest iPhone preorder I’ve ever done.

iPhoneFan5349

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2021
Even though I am waiting to pay my 13PM installments first, I just checked the 14PM 256 Purple, and it was Oct 2. There was a 512 in a nearby store though. Hopefully that is the case when I am ready to upgrade.
Yeah. Seems to be an issue only with the Max. I checked just a moment ago the regular Pro and it still shows September 16 as delivery date

phill85

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2010
Got my order in at 8:04am eastern, shipping estimate is that AT&T will send out my 1TB Space Black iPhone 14 Pro on Thursday the 15th. WooHoo!

Reactions: bliggs

Randel.D

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2020
Atlanta, GA
The "get ready" process within the Apple Store app is so nice. I had all my stuff entered last night - my configuration, a gift card I wanted to use, etc - and this morning I opened it at 8am EST, clicked the Apple Pay button, and it was literally done before 8:01.

The people saying this was a disaster... I feel for you, but try that in the future.

iPhoneFan5349

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2021
About 9:10 am EST I remembered today was pre-order day. I opened the apple store app, found the 14 pro max, and ordered it using Apple Card installments with trade in of my 13 pro max. I will pick up a 256gb deep purple on September 17th at my local apple store. My first choice was space black, but that wasn’t shipping until October. As a guy, I am undecided if deep purple is too feminine but I always like getting the unique colors. This was the easiest iPhone preorder I’ve ever done.
Me too. I didn’t like Blue Sierra but part of getting an new iPhone every year is having the new color. So I went for the purple.

Reactions: CrzySxyCl and CVUSA
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.