Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrSegundus

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2021
Been trying to preorder through T-Mobile for the last two hours and everything is down for them. I’ll have to get up super early next Friday to hunt Apple Store inventory to see if I can get lucky to get one. This has been the most frustrating preorder experience I’ve ever been through.

DelayedGratificationGene

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2020
or ... were there more iPhone 13 produced then iPhone 14 (with all the supply chain issues across industries)
Actually Apple anticipated possible supply chain issues so they started production much earlier and made more than usual in case of future lockdowns so supply is not an issue right now looks more like demand ramping up

decimortis

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Toronto
Store didn't open for me in Canada until about 8:09 EST. The iPhone app opened before my PC browser which took about a minute more to open. I had orders going on both simultaneously and both were giving me various (and different) errors trying to check out. Eventually, the iPhone app order went through and to my surprise it still had a 9/16 delivery date.

Finally decided to upgrade my 7+ to a Pro 14. It should be marginally faster.

• Disagree
Reactions: bLackjackj

rnizlek

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2004
Washington, DC
While I've always ordered through Apple, this year I ordered direct through Verizon to get a promotion to switch carriers. I didn't get my order in until 9:45 AM for a variety of reasons but they claim I will get delivery next Friday the 16th. Ordered a 256 GB Pro Max in Space Gray.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
geeze max getting longer..

Order today, delivers:
  • Oct 10 - Oct 17 — Free

KingBowser64

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
This was my first year in awhile with absolutely no preorder issues and had my order done at 8:01am est for an ATT 512gb 14 Pro Max in Deep Purple. Last year my Apple Card was being denied at preorder, so I had to find my wallet and use a different card temporarily for the Apple Upgrade Program.

Last edited:

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Ah well, maybe they will have in the Philly area Apple stores (a few at least) the week of Sept. 18. Waiting a month is a bit silly at this point.

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 10.12.51 AM.png

Reactions: compwiz1202

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
This had to have been one of the worst launches in recent Apple history. The past years of Apple preorders were quite smooth using the Apple Store app but this year was a nightmare. Finally got my order through 20min after 8am for a Sept 16th pickup then had to go thru the AT&T website to get another line upgraded. Such a mess!
Maybe it's because everybody wanted the dynamic notch so there's more traffic this year compared to iPhone 11-13.

If that's the case it's a reflection of how many hate the static notch as much as how many people prefer the dynamic notch.

Reactions: DocMultimedia

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
About 9:10 am EST I remembered today was pre-order day. I opened the apple store app, found the 14 pro max, and ordered it using Apple Card installments with trade in of my 13 pro max. I will pick up a 256gb deep purple on September 17th at my local apple store. My first choice was space black, but that wasn’t shipping until October. As a guy, I am undecided if deep purple is too feminine but I always like getting the unique colors. This was the easiest iPhone preorder I’ve ever done.
Purple is the color of royalty. It’s a mix of blue and red. Nothing feminine about it. Just ask the Mopar guys with their Plum Crazy Purple 😎. That said, I went with Space Black because I’m a neutral peasant lol.

1662733519649.png

antibolo

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2017
I'm in Canada, tried to pre-order about 30 min after the official time pre-orders opened, only to find that I completely missed the time window for picking up in store. Only shipping options are in October. Ugh!

Phil1944

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2022
Gold Pro Max 512 Oct 3-8 traveling so not available for 16 Sep delivery but was not sure store would reserve if I did not pick up two weeks later? Advance evening setup was helpful, but buggy store ordering was disappointing

daveydog1971

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
I think it was luck of the draw and model.. I had 3 ready to roll pre-pre-order.... the pro max 256 purple went thru at 8:03 est, the pro 6.1 256 black went thru 8:15, both deliver 9/16.... and the pro max 256 black Never did. until the fun was over and the date is at 10/3.. so maybe the black 256 max was the hot model, who knows.

mrmister

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2008
The "get ready" process within the Apple Store app is so nice. I had all my stuff entered last night - my configuration, a gift card I wanted to use, etc - and this morning I opened it at 8am EST, clicked the Apple Pay button, and it was literally done before 8:01.

The people saying this was a disaster... I feel for you, but try that in the future.

I did all this, exactly the same...and for my gf's phone it worked, and for mine, it did not.

Maybe consider that your experience isn't everyone's? 🤔

Ted_Appleseed

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
Still better than the iPhone 7 launch. Same preorder date (9/9/16). I remember the Jet Black model was so popular that it was slipped into November.

CWallace

macrumors G4
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Thanks to all the issues with trying to process my "Get Ready (Eventually)" order, took 90 minutes to get things squared away, so pleased I secured a 3-10 October delivery for my iPhone 14 Pro Max Deep Purple 256GB.

I'm more excited about my Air Pods Pro, frankly, and those arrive on 23 September.

Randel.D

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2020
Atlanta, GA
Good luck getting an Apple product these years. Glad I sold my stock.

*Sees that so many people are ordering a product that the site is struggling to keep up* ...Glad I sold my stock! lol

I don't get why some people are logging into this site, reading articles, and typing out a comment to let others know how disinterested they are. Not hating on you, you are just a mystery to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.