Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whyme42

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2022
Los Angeles
I have a problem where my phone won't charge in my car. I purchased the $100 Belkin Boost 15W QI charger and the iPhone 14 Pro battery just keeps draining while I am driving. If I'm in low power mode, it might stay at the same level. I also notice the 14 Pro won't charge with low voltage USB wires connected to my Desktop if the phone is in active use. The battery keeps dropping.

Have people noticed how hard it is to charge the 14 Pro during active use? My 15W QI chargers cannot keep up with the power consumption.

kirbalo

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2022
I have a problem where my phone won't charge in my car. I purchased the $100 Belkin Boost 15W QI charger and the iPhone 14 Pro battery just keeps draining while I am driving. If I'm in low power mode, it might stay at the same level. I also notice the 14 Pro won't charge with low voltage USB wires connected to my Desktop if the phone is in active use. The battery keeps dropping.

Have people noticed how hard it is to charge the 14 Pro during active use? My 15W QI chargers cannot keep up with the power consumption.
What is your phone doing while driving? GPS (Google Maps, Waze, Apple Maps, etc?) Is it "warm or very warm"? Does the lock screen indicate that "charging was paused"? Anecdotally, my 12Pro will stop charging as it gets too warm to do both, if it's not close to 100% when I get in the car. (with Winter, it's not so much of a problem right now).

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
I've seen the always-on screen cause car chargers to not keep up with the phone.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Your car is moving and shifting the phone. Not ideal for a wireless charger intended for home use.

Reactions: I7guy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.