Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdante

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2023
I just saw that post. Very sad.

From what I have been monitoring mine, I think it will drop to 99% soon. It is already dropping additional 30-40mAh while in use, it usually goes back to around 4470mAh later. I was extremely disappointed to see my 15 Pro Max came with Desay battery (I was hoping to see Sunwoda again in flagship model). My previous 12 Pro had Sunwoda and it took well over 1 year to drop to 99%. I have several devices still with Sunwoda battery and it is incredible how durable it is. My MBP 14" 14 months old, battery still above 100% health and my iPad Air 5 also about 14 months old and battery health is still above 102%.

Reactions: B0bby

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
So according to Coconut Battery, the 15 pro max I have indicates that it's made from Huapu Tech. But when I connect that same 15 pro max to my windows and ran the 3utools, it indicates it's from SIMPLO. Quite interesting.
Where in 3uTools do you find this info? Must be overlooking it

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
iPhone 15 Pro Max per Coconut battery:

• Manufacturer: Huapu Technology
  • Design Capacity: 4395 mAh
  • Full Charge Capacity: 4523 mAh

Attachments

• Jordan-MacBook-Pro 2023-10-19 at 21.40.41@2x.png
    Jordan-MacBook-Pro 2023-10-19 at 21.40.41@2x.png
    833.3 KB · Views: 228

sdante

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2023
Your both battery health looks excellent. No one else seeing their Max around 4440-4470mAh? That is range mine has, lower reading is while in use and the other rest messurement. Only 7 charge cycles and babying battery. It was barely 4500mAh out of the box.

Our another identical Max has similar readings you posted

BTW. What display panels your Max has? In mine with bad battery has G9P and the other with better battery has G9N.

Last edited:

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Your both battery health looks excellent. No one else seeing their Max around 4440-4470mAh? That is range mine has, lower reading is while in use and the other rest messurement. Only 7 charge cycles and babying battery. It was barely 4500mAh out of the box.

Our another identical Max has similar readings you posted

BTW. What display panels your Max has? In mine with bad battery has G9P and the other with better battery has G9N.
Mine is G9P and I have the good battery, sits at 4546mAh

sdante

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2023
Mine is G9P and I have the good battery, sits at 4546mAh
OK, that is definitely a good one. I noticed yours came with Huapu/Simplo battery. I was wondering if ours were from the different factory and maybe explain the difference but I guess that is a long shot considering both came in the same order and delivered the same time (both identical configuration and color), probably means they are from the same factory/batch. I chose this one myself because the screen was a little less awful but I had second thoughts about the battery already then.

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
Desay was the one that degraded significantly last year for my iPhone 14 Pro Max so happy to try this new Huapu battery manufacturer. Considering most people are reporting that thus far, I think would be a good thing as Apple maybe switch the majority of their batteries away from Desay.

Again, all speculation here, but interesting to see the results as they trickle in.
Great… my 15PM 256GB NT has the Desay battery, and the screen of G9N

Attachments

• IMG_0248.jpeg
    IMG_0248.jpeg
    931.6 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:

sdante

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2023
Great… my 15PM 256GB NT has the Desay battery, and the screen of G9N
You seem to have similar nearly as "bad" battery as I. Mine has only half charge cycles compared to yours and it is already at the same range as your.

It is shame 15 PM seems to be equipped mostly with Desay and Huapu. So far I haven't seen anyone reporting Sunwoda for this model. I would have hoped Sunwoda for the flagship model, I never had any issues with that brand.
Good example is my two identical iPad Air 5 models I got last year, one with Sunwoda is doing great with FCC well over 100% (about the same as it was when new) but the other with Huapu battery had degraded noticeable, it went below 100% very fast.

Another interesting remark I just made reading thread about 14 PM battery here. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/battery-capacity-and-manufacturer.2363589/
Looks like actual FCC in new 15 PM is about the same as it was in 14 PM while rated FCC in 14 PM was lower. Specs update only....?

B0bby

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2023
You seem to have similar nearly as "bad" battery as I. Mine has only half charge cycles compared to yours and it is already at the same range as your.

It is shame 15 PM seems to be equipped mostly with Desay and Huapu. So far I haven't seen anyone reporting Sunwoda for this model. I would have hoped Sunwoda for the flagship model, I never had any issues with that brand.
Good example is my two identical iPad Air 5 models I got last year, one with Sunwoda is doing great with FCC well over 100% (about the same as it was when new) but the other with Huapu battery had degraded noticeable, it went below 100% very fast.

Another interesting remark I just made reading thread about 14 PM battery here. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/battery-capacity-and-manufacturer.2363589/
Looks like actual FCC in new 15 PM is about the same as it was in 14 PM while rated FCC in 14 PM was lower. Specs update only....?
Wait some more cycles. It can increase.

Desay is here not the problem. There are Desay Batteries that last one year with 100%…

sdante

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2023
Wait some more cycles. It can increase.
I guess that is possible but I have never myself witnessed battery health increasing from the initial reading. I've seen later on fluctuating in battery health but if battery started weak when new, it never improved for me. And that seems to be the case with my 15 PM too, it is slowly going down. Our other 15 PM that has stronger battery from the start, is still strong.

Desay is here not the problem. There are Desay Batteries that last one year with 100%…
Good to hear that. I was afraid it was as hideous as Huapu.

Coconut Battery
15 ProMax
Desay Corp
Manufactured:7/31/2023
Full Charge Capacity:4542
That is strong one. Was that initial reading out of the box? If yes, how much it has gone down from that reading after a while?

My 15 PM Desay was initially 4501mAh and now after 8 charge cycles it is almost 4470mAh while resting, but during use it takes 30-40mAh dips. I've been babying my battery, so absolutely no extreme heat or use. First few charges with Apple 20W charger and now recently with Apple 5W charger and Apple Lightning to USB-C adapter, so now it keeps very cool during charging too. Hint, you can monitor battery health wirelessly using iMazing, just notice that value updated once maybe every 1 minutes or so you may need to wait a while to see if reading changes while you use your iPhone.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
I guess that is possible but I have never myself witnessed battery health increasing from the initial reading. I've seen later on fluctuating in battery health but if battery started weak when new, it never improved for me. And that seems to be the case with my 15 PM too, it is slowly going down. Our other 15 PM that has stronger battery from the start, is still strong.

That is strong one. Was that initial reading out of the box? If yes, how much it has gone down from that reading after a while?

My 15 PM Desay was initially 4501mAh and now after 8 charge cycles it is almost 4470mAh while resting, but during use it takes 30-40mAh dips. I've been babying my battery, so absolutely no extreme heat or use. First few charges with Apple 20W charger and now recently with Apple 5W charger and Apple Lightning to USB-C adapter, so now it keeps very cool during charging too. Hint, you can monitor battery health wirelessly using iMazing, just notice that value updated once maybe every 1 minutes or so you may need to wait a while to see if reading changes while you use your iPhone.
Are you a yearly upgrader or when do you upgrade? If you upgrade on a yearly basis, I honestly wouldn't not even worry about the battery at all. However, I can understand if you pass it down or plan to keep it longer.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois

I took that reading yesterday. I received the phone one day after they were released so not sure what it was out of the box or how much it has deteriorated since activated. I've only charged it with a 5w Apple charging brick never wireless

UKapple73

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
Coconut is Mac only. No iOS app. At least apple have given us the charge cycles now. I don’t have a Mac so can’t check any more detail

sdante

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2023
Coconut is Mac only. No iOS app. At least apple have given us the charge cycles now. I don’t have a Mac so can’t check any more detail
How about free iMazing app? It comes with Windows version too.
Serial first digits tell the manufacturer. F5D is Desay, F8Y is Sunwoda and F9G is Huapu (if I recall correctly).

sdante

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2023
Are you a yearly upgrader or when do you upgrade? If you upgrade on a yearly basis, I honestly wouldn't not even worry about the battery at all. However, I can understand if you pass it down or plan to keep it longer.
I don't usually upgrade every year. I had 12 Pro before I got 15 PM and honestly I don't see so much difference and if I had 12 PM I would have keep it.

I took that reading yesterday. I received the phone one day after they were released so not sure what it was out of the box or how much it has deteriorated since activated. I've only charged it with a 5w Apple charging brick never wireless
I see, your battery is definitely strong one. It should be stabilized by now, and was likely even a bit higher when new.
Pretty big differences considering battery is the same brand. Was there something new with them this year, like some recycled parts?

inthequantum

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Hi all! I have some great news. My Huapu Technology battery is holding up like a champ. I have charged my new iPhone 15 Pro Max in a variety of ways (5w charging, 30w charging, and lots of 15w MagSafe). I have stayed pretty true to the 80/20 rule occasionally charging all the way to 100% and only allowing it to drop below 20% a few times.

I started out with a max capacity of 4543mah and now it is at 4529mah. 103% still remaining. This battery projects to have 100-99% remaining capacity once a year is up. I can't complain with that! I also have 31 charge cycles currently.

Will continue to measure as we go through the months, but huapu could be the battery I always wished my previous desay would have been on the 14 Pro Max.

inthequantum

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
UPDATE: now that my phone has complete charged up to 100% Coconut battery is saying 4460 for full charge capacity. Average monthly degradation being 83mah a month which would put me at 3547mah after a year and eligible for a battery replacement at 78% maximum capacity remaining...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.