Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zayway86

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2023
To those who actually returned their iPhone 15 (not just to exchange it for another iPhone 15): which one did you have and why did you return it?

ibookemo

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
To those who actually returned their iPhone 15 (not just to exchange it for another iPhone 15): which one did you have and why did you return it?
I had 15 Pro Max 1TB Titanium.

Returned it because iOS would not let me share photos from the Photos app to any other app intermittently.

I reinstalled everything fresh and the issue kept occurring. Maybe an issue with my iCloud Photos backup, I couldn’t diagnose.

Funny thing is that I also did the same fresh install on my 14 Pro Max from the same iCloud Photos backup and it works fine. This suggests it’s an odd edge case that is only showing on my new phone and not my old one.

After a frustrating week trying to fix I had to send it back - a miserable experience.

I liked the phone a lot, especially the camera. But the bug I had meant there was no way I was paying nearly €2000 for the product.

I may repurchase in a few months when the software gets the bugs issued but, to be honest, I think my initial experience had put me off.

May be the year for me not to buy an iPhone then. No big deal.

seaguy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2023
iPhone 15 pro going back today so I can open my Pro Max.

Wanted to downgrade on size, but didn't realize I use as much battery as I do and my eyes are somehow much worse than they were 3 years ago. lol.

Last edited:

Zayway86

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2023
iPhone 15 pro going back today so I can open my Pro Max.

Wanted to downgrade on size, but didn't realize I use as much battery as I do and my eyes are somehow much ******** than they were 3 years ago. lol.
Makes sense and seems like a good reason! Hope you enjoy the max.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Returned the 512 gb blue ti pro max to get the 1 tb blue ti pro max. just upgrade in storage.

Robot21

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2022
2 iPhone 15 pro max…both had dead pixel on the screen :/
Edit : 2nd one had some weird stains on the titanium that won’t go even after cleaning it.

wysiwyg1972

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Had the 15 Pro Natural Titanium in 256GB. Returned it as it was not a significant upgrade to my 12 Pro performance or feature wise based on my needs. It was working perfectly fine and I never experienced any heat issues. Apple needs to stop trying to make full use of the power of these new chips, just give us much better battery life and keep performance the same as last year (which was plenty fast). Also action button is useless to me, I turn off the always on display, I can’t stand the huge camera bump and lightning port is perfectly fine with me. Also, the dynamic island is just a gimmick and I find it annoying.

I usually try the new model each year and most times, I just return them. Maybe next year it will be the keeper, who knows.

Unlike Americans who tend to get crazy trade in offers from carriers, in Canada, we get just the value from Apple, and I always mine unsubsidized, so it’s a significant expense (although I can easily afford it)

• Haha
Reactions: 3Rock and drew0020
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.