Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexandr

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
An iPhone mini and an iPhone SE.
Ok, I gotcha. But I wouldn't expect there to be another SE phone with a home button, so I doubt that's going to be a size-related model, as opposed to the mini, which I personally think should be an option, but I guess it failed by Apple's standards.

Reactions: JePe

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Because they tried and it didn't sell. People keep asking for a small size phone and it comes out, they don't buy it.

Well, I bought a 12 mini, but just one. Perhaps it is not enough for Apple’s liking, so I am planning on buying a 13 mini later on, to keep that mini appreciation line going. Unless, of course, Apple beings back a refreshed 5.8” iPhone, in which case I will happily get that.

XboxEvolved

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2004
Fantastic news, but if I recall MacRumors posted a similar story months back calling it a iPhone Ultra. My trusty ole iPhone 11 is still doing just fine for me but I think upgrading after 5 years I’ll see plenty of differences. ;)

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
I find my iPhone 13 is too tall. Apple is really blowing it when it comes to not offering something smaller I'm afraid. The Mini failed. Fine. But you can make something say 5.7" and premium. Especially if they plan on making the iPhone 16 start at 6.3" now.

Unami

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
Austria
O.k. for people who like it big. The regular pro is already too big and heavy for my taste (let alone that huge camera hump) - I'd rather not have the "pro" features than a phone I can't use with one hand or comfortably put in trousers' pockets. As a working professional in the AV industry, usability and pocketability are the professional features I value most. Otoh, it will still take some years, until AI gets over the physical limitations of those tiny lenses and sensors.

Unami

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
Austria
Any word on iPhone 24 display sizes?
It's going to be foldable twice and could be used as a sail if it wouldn't weigh a ton. Battery life will be good, though, at least one day, although you'll need both hands and a foot to use it, and wheels for $800 to move it around.

Reactions: alexandr

KaiFiMacFan

Suspended
Apr 28, 2023
Brooklyn, NY
So now the phone is approaching the size of the iPad Mini? In that case I don't see the iPad Mini remaining in the lineup for much longer...

I hope phone manufacturers realize pockets can only get so big. :oops:

Reactions: Ac1d 8urn

saturn88

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2011
iPhone 13 Pro Max should have been repackaged as iPhone 14 Plus instead of what we actually got... Not that it affects me since I have iPhone 14 Pro Max...

I am suggesting to have this as the 15 series lineup:
iPhone 15 Ultra - 6.9"
iPhone 15 Plus - 6.7"
iPhone 15 Pro - 6.3"
iPhone 15 - 6.1"
iPhone 15 mini - 5.5"

I am suggesting this lineup, using year of release numbering. S-M-L for size. Example:

• iPhone 23L Pro (or iPhone 23LP)
  • iPhone 23L
  • iPhone 23M
  • iPhone 23S

Last edited:

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
So now the phone is approaching the size of the iPad Mini? In that case I don't see the iPad Mini remaining in the lineup for much longer...

I hope phone manufacturers realize pockets can only get so big. :oops:
This image shows a 6.7" iPhone 13 Pro Max next to a 8.3" iPad mini 6. The size isn't close and neither is the difference of OSs not quite apparent. One is designed really for mobile web browsing, the other desktop web browsing. You can also try reading a book on one versus the other, its not even close even if the iPhone grows a scant .2" :D

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

alexandr

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
It's going to be foldable twice and could be used as a sail if it wouldn't weigh a ton. Battery life will be good, though, at least one day, although you'll need both hands and a foot to use it, and wheels for $800 to move it around.
Will it also function as a solar battery and a float? I know it will have satellite capability for when you're lost at sea.

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
This image shows a 6.7" iPhone 13 Pro Max next to a 8.3" iPad mini 6. The size isn't close and neither is the difference of OSs not quite apparent. One is designed really for mobile web browsing, the other desktop web browsing. You can also try reading a book on once versus the other, its not not even close even if the iPhone grows a scant .2" :D

maxresdefault.jpg
A comparison of roughly 18:9 to roughly 4:3

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
🤢🤮

Bring back the mini in pro-version with the island and I would buy it. 😅
YES!

Mini owners and lovers THIS is the time, more than any other, that you NEED to raise praise of the iPhone Mini.
mark thread commentary,
media examples/content and send emails, twitter posts, etc etc etc to all Apple staff in charge or works on the iPhone!

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hopefully the two Pro sizes come with camera parity for the 16. I'm going to be heated if I need to get an even larger phone to get the best camera system - 6.7" was already pushing it.
LOL ... tough luck case the iPhone Max this year will get the best camera ONLY - Periscope.
So ... count up your golden eggs and chickens for the top of the line iPhone next year along with the case and whole new lower wardrobe for your suit & casual pants, jeans and comfy street wear just to carry that bad-bunny!!

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
iPhone 16 Pro Max - 6.9" Inch-Display will be an instant buy for me. Furthermore, the iPhone display needs to get wider too! I have a feeling this will be an iPhone Ultra.
For your secondary request ... this is where Apple engineering team needs to properly review the foldable competition especially the Opposite Fold N2 ... that is the sweet spot in terms of pocketable size and screen width ... just needs to be thinner with Apple's finest.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
It would be nice if when they made the bezel smaller, they made the overall size of the phone smaller, instead of the inverse which makes no sense. Is anyone complaining about these phones being too small? All I hear are complaints that they are too large.

Reactions: Ac1d 8urn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.