iPhone 2G or iPhone 3G S ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rashid Alkaabi, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Rashid Alkaabi macrumors member

Hello Guys,

I know that the title of the topic seems to be awkward, but this the reality. I'm an owner of the iPhone 2G 8GB version and I'm interested in getting the iPhone 3G S. I went to the apple store today and picked my iPhone but when I went to the register I said to my self wait a sec, let me give my iPhone 2G a second chance by asking you guys some questions, especially those who already own an iPhone 3G S.

Well, I know that there's no major things about both devices, but NEW is always cool. Well, I have heard that the iPhone 3G S is overheating with intensive use, is that going to happen in the new version of 3.0.1? or the issue is already resolved? I'm not gona do intensive gaming but I use VoIP a lot via fring and skype which leads my iPhone to get very very warm during a 1 hour call or so. Is that going to occur in the new iPhone 3G S ? or is it way better? Is there any models differentiations which the over heating issue occurs on rather than others?

Please advice, any word would be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards" =) ..

Rashid

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I'm holding out until next June. If ain't broke don't fix it.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I was in the same situation some days ago. I had my 2G for almost 2 years and it has been a great phone. Love it and its form factor.

Problem is, Apple has started to make newer firmwares run slower on it. So, speed has suffered. Also, I understand the whole heat thing. I should know, I felt the same way at times. My 2G could easily get hot.

In any case, I bought the 3GS and its been great. No problems (light leaks, dust, rattling, heat). I use it a lot and it barely gets warm. Huge improvement in speed I might add. The whole 3.0.1 was just an SMS bug fix, so don't worry about that.

4. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I understood that the reason iPhones were overheating was because of the case that these iPhones were placed in. My 3G S has never overheated and I got it on day one. It's only gotten a little warm when downloading songs over 3G.

I still use my 2G iPhone and I often swap my sim back and forth because I love both phones....and my 3G phone too. :)

5. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

I had a 2G and played with my friend's 3G, by far the 3GS is so much quicker than their 3Gs when we download apps, open apps, or just search cydia. The speed alone makes me prefer the 3GS.

6. milk242 macrumors 6502a

If you go to a 3GS and try to go back to a 2G, it's pretty impossible. You'll be addicted to the speed.