iPhone 2G still holding its own

tbobmccoy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Austin, TX
Waiting for my iPhone 6 Plus, I switched out to my original iPhone, with 3.1.3 whited00r on it, and I'm pretty impressed with it. The phone's battery is still going strong, it's like a brick with build quality unmatched yet by future phones, and it works great as a texting and phoning, well, phone. The only downside is that pretty much nothing works well on it. I do still have original Angry Birds and Angry Birds Seasons loaded on it!

So, to all of those haters fighting over the iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus, go back to your roots and see how awesome the upgrade is from an OG iPhone. I can't wait for Friday! :cool:

uchosen

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Man, I was SURE with all the trolls out today, I would have gotten a bite here. /badtrolltroll
They're busy with these type of useless threads:

The iPhone 6 is better because...
I switched to the 6+ or 6 because...
OFFICIAL who is excited thread...
It's a week away and my order status had not changed...

:p

tbobmccoy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Austin, TX
I have fun pulling it out in my classroom full of students who are looking at me confused. It's only going to be 4-5 more years before everyone in my class will be younger than my iPhone OG :D

----------

They're busy with these type of useless threads:

The iPhone 6 is better because...
I switched to the 6+ or 6 because...
OFFICIAL who is excited thread...
It's a week away and my order status had not changed...

:p
Figured this would be a bit more fun :)

uchosen

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
I have fun pulling it out in my classroom full of students who are looking at me confused. It's only going to be 4-5 more years before everyone in my class will be younger than my iPhone OG :D

You're a teacher?
Soon you'll be saying "Back in my day we didn't have iPads, we used to read books" as a collective gasp fills the classroom!

tbobmccoy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Austin, TX

You're a teacher?
Soon you'll be saying "Back in my day we didn't have iPads, we used to read books" as a collective gasp fills the classroom!

Definitely. I already am. My students don't remember a time without the internet, let alone iPhones. I teach 7th grade and they all have cell phones... I didn't get a cell phone until I was an adult.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
I'm actually surprised it still works on the AT&T network. My area still has EDGE, which I think will surely be replaced soon. However, right now, I'm pleased my iPhone is still supported ;)
Good stuff lasts! My iPhone journey started with the 3G, and that phone was built like a tank.

tbobmccoy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Austin, TX
Good stuff lasts! My iPhone journey started with the 3G, and that phone was built like a tank.
You must not have had a white iPhone 3G... I did, and mine was riddled with cracks that were not caused by any damage I did to it. The plastic on those things was crap. I'm so glad Apple moved away from it.

uchosen

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Was the Music app really called "iPod" on those old models? I started with a 2008 Touch, which I think had OS 1.1, and it was called Music on there (just like on my 4S).
Yeah, I think it was called iPod

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
Was the Music app really called "iPod" on those old models? I started with a 2008 Touch, which I think had OS 1.1, and it was called Music on there (just like on my 4S).
it was called iPod back then.

Djentleman

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2012
UK
I think my 3G had iPod as well. As if the hardware is the only thing to drastically change. That OS looks incredibly dated now.

tbobmccoy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Austin, TX
On stock 3.1.3 it was called "iPod", but since I installed whited00r on mine, they changed it to "Music". Also, iPod had video integrated into it, unlike today where "Music" and "Video" are separate. I liked that better, actually, since I don't store Videos in a format that Apple likes on my iPhone.