Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

K1nG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2009
My iPhone 2G Jailbroken/Unlocked on T-Mobile turns off by itself after a period of time. To turn it on, I have to restart it by holding and home and sleep/wake button. I don't think it turns off, I just think it locks itself and the screen because just holding the sleep/wake button doesn't work for turning it on? Please Help!
Thanks

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
My iPhone 2G Jailbroken/Unlocked on T-Mobile turns off by itself after a period of time. To turn it on, I have to restart it by holding and home and sleep/wake button. I don't think it turns off, I just think it locks itself and the screen because just holding the sleep/wake button doesn't work for turning it on? Please Help!
Thanks

Have you checked your battery? See if it isn't dying on you. Or, Try restoring the entire thing. Maybe a conflict in settings.

crowbell

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2009
My Iphone 3G has been shutting down as well. The only way to restart is to press the Home and Power key for 10 seconds. I tried restoring from iTunes but that did not help. I just called Apple iPhone tech support and they told me that this is a known issue and they should have a fix soon. I believe this started happening a few weeks ago. Maybe it was with a software upgrade or with the ATT MMS upgrade. I'm not certain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.