Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kingdLo

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
Updated with that file, still no work. I sent a test MMS from a different phone a little while ago, still hasn't been received and havent gotten the viewmymessage.com notification either.

compg318

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2008
This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

Can you host anywhere else?

odyssey924

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2006
It's really strange the way it works, then doesn't work, then works again.

I wonder what the common denominator is that gets it working.

ViPa

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2007
is the mediafire file already modified with the MMS?? or do i need to modify it?

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island
I'm getting an error every time I try to install the mms carrier bundle. DId't modify anything in the .plist. I've actually had that whenever I've tried a modified carrier bundle for MMS, whether I made it or someone else did. Didn't have problems with the tethering bundle but MMS has been a fail for me so far. Anyone else had this problem?

odyssey924

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2006
it ends up being ATT_US.bundle..is that okay?

No, you are not supposed to unzip it. It should be a .ipcc file. To make sure it has the right extension you can turn on file extensions being displayed in the Finder preferences under the Advance tab.

EDIT: You might have to turn off your auto-file-open setting in Safari if it is automatically unzipping it when you download it. That is the worst feature ever...

ViPa

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2007
idk why i automatically downloads as a .bundle file..when i rename it to .ipcc..it turns into a folder with a bunch of stuff in it

odyssey924

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2006
idk why i automatically downloads as a .bundle file..when i rename it to .ipcc..it turns into a folder with a bunch of stuff in it

You might have to turn off your auto-file-open setting in Safari if it is automatically unzipping it when you download it.

ViPa

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2007
okay..i loaded it up..it went extremely fast..im restarting right now..do i have to tweak any other settings?

LinMac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
The link http://twitpic.com/29yvc on the page looks like it might be interesting.

How has everyone gotten MMS enabled on their account so far? Is anyone using that particular feature while receiving MMS and SMS messages?

ViPa

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2007
okay upon loading the file, i tried sending a picture..twice..failed both times..

update: i turned MMS off then back on..restarted the phone..tried sending a MMS, no luck still

Ron21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
not working here either. The only thing that changed is that when I try to send an mms i get the error almost instantly, b4 it would freeze for a minute.

odyssey924

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2006
Try taking the SIM card out while the phone is on and replacing it and switching on and off Airplane Mode. It might be that a certain amount of time had to pass by before it worked. I'm not sure what the common thread is yet.

I am on a non-iPhone text plan, so that isn't my particular problem when it comes to restarting the phone and having no MMS again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.