Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

165847-fcc_500.png

The FCC has released the test documents for the iPhone 3G today, on the day of the iPhone 3G announcement. The iPhone 3G will ship in approximately 4 weeks.

Article Link

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
3g iPhone ships in 4 weeks? More like closer to 6 weeks. July 11th, right?

brianbobcat

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2003
Illinois
It is critically important to know where the imprints are located physically on the back of the plastic casing.

Government hardly at work.

Rocketman

Well you see, since the iPhone is made in China, the ink for the imprints is going to contain lead and thus affect the radios, hence why the FCC needs to know in such exacting detail.

-Brian

rockstarjoe

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2006
washington dc
Is there not a diagram showing the front of the new iPhone?

I'm also curious about this. What happened to all these rumors of a new sensor on the front? All these case companies re-designed the fronts of their cases for SOMETHING, right?

I am still holding out hope for a front facing isight. I know it is pretty unbelievable at this point but I feel like Apple will have one last announcement right before July 11th to surprise people, just like they announced Youtube and the glass screen a few days before the 1st Generation iphone.

What do you think?

crackermac

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I would love "one last thing" to be the front facing camera and a higher MP camera. Perhaps MMS and Copy and Paste weren't that big to announce in the first place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.