2 days ago when I came back from work, I was almost shocked to find that the connector part of the usb cable plugged into the wall charger was burnt and melted! Thankfully, the damage was only to the connector part, but not sure what could have happened if something nearby caught the fire from the heat! I have no idea what happened. My wife didn't even notice it (who was at home the whole day) until I showed it to her. It wasn't connected (other than to the power plug) to anything so not sure what have caused the burn and melt I thought all the explosions and melt-down of iPhone/iPods were the stories from another land, but I guess I am a victim myself although the damage wasn't as bad as others, but if my iphone had been hooked up to the usb cable, I am sure the phone itself might have been also severely damaged. After taking the photo, I am thinking about contacting Apple about this, but what do you guys think? Any idea why this happened?