iPhone 3G Cracks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wordlessjam, Aug 9, 2009.

1. wordlessjam macrumors member

wordlessjam

Hey my iPhone 3G has had two small cracks for a while now but recently one of them got a lot larger and is now about an inch long. That one is at the base of the iPhone near the dock connector going up the back. The other is a small crack a the silent switch going up to the metal rim. Will Apple replace this? I have checked and it is still in warranty. If they do will I get a 3G back or a 3GS? I want a 3GS so could I trade in my 3G for a 3GS and how much would I get for my 16GB black 3G? I have photos of the cracks if that would help. Now when I plug my phone in it does something weird and makes all my USBs on my PC turn on and off repeatedly until I unplug my phone and everything returns back to normal. As the USBs keep turning on and off iTunes picks up my phone and displays the message: iTunes could not connect to the iPhone "" because an invalid response was received from the device.

Any help would be great,

Thanks

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yes, you can get it replaced and you will get a 3G.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

yea they will replace it

i have gone thourh like 8 phones and my current one has cracks

im at the point that its not worth my time to keep exchanging it as they all get cracks apparently

4. wordlessjam thread starter macrumors member

wordlessjam

Thanks for the reply. If I were to trade it in how much would I get for the 3G against the 3GS?

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Only Apple would know that. But I think you won't get anything. All you get is he discounted price if You qualify.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

you wont get a new 3gs phone

heck, they wont even let you swap out for another color

7. army91c macrumors 6502a

There was a guy that said he was getting a 3gs for all the "trouble" he was having with his 3g.... I called shens but he insisted it was true. I still call shens though.

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

3G is what you'll get; so just sell it and get a nice new 3GS. Also depends on your current contract. You may or may not be eligible for the upgrade to the 3GS. Good luck either way....